iPhone 3GS: white or Black, where to buy, when to buy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andymac1, Feb 25, 2010.

1. andymac1 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!!

Little HISTORY: - I am just entering the world of Apple and LOVE it. Got my first apple product (ipod touch 2nd gen.) over a year ago. Loved it. I am just getting addicted to apple products. Don't know where have I been all these years!! Of course went to the local apple store numerous times like many of you! Finally decided to spend my hard earned money on Apple!! :) I just bought a white macbook 2.26GHZ, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD and pleased with it. (BTW, I personally like macbook WAAAAY better than macbook pro. The white color keys the exquisite finish is not comparable to generic aluminum look that pro has, which u find even in gateway laptops.. Personal opinion though!) My next move is the iPhone. I resisted it so far simply because i HATE AT&T. I don't think I can resist anymore. I give up. I want an iPhone.

Now the questions:

1. Should I get a Black or White? I read about the scratches, masculinity etc. (Maybe it will go well with my white macbook?!)

2. Where to BUY?? This is a very important question for me. The local Mall apple store where I bought my first apple product (ipod touch), went dead after 2 months and I had to change it to another one. Haven't been lucky with that. So, little skeptical about local apple store. should I brush that aside as one time bad luck and go to apple store as opposed to ATT.

3. Will I get better deals, like waived activation fee, if I go to a kiosk and talk to the sales guy. He might be on commissions and cut a deal.

4. When to BUY??? - (please note I am willing to break my current contract and pay $110 (as of Mar 1), plus $199 for the 16GB iPHone and $36 activation.) Should I wait coz there is a better iphone coming out soon??? BTW I hate both ATT and verizon. I love tmobile and sprint. (i have both)

I am looking for specific answers to these 4 questions. Any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks guys!!! :)

2. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

1. I'm a man, and I got white. It's personal preference. I think white doesn't show scratches as easy.

2. I would buy from AT&T (see below)

3. AT&T can waive the fee, the Apple Store can't. If they won't waive the fee, walk out. They'll stop you.

4. If you can wait 'til June/July, wait for the 4th gen. If you need one soon, the 3GS rocks.

3. andymac1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Will the 4th gen be cheaper or at least the same price $199. I want at least 16GB and do not want to pay more. Also I dont want to pay more than $69/m for about 450 mts. I have unlimited on my current carrier for $99, and I am thinking even if I go with 450mts from ATT, I can use skype or fring on my iphone and still it is like unlimited. (since they allow calls over 3G now)

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

Sadly no one knows the price of the next iPhone, and we will not until WWDC the last week of June, the 29th I believe it is.

It will be $69 a month for data and minutes, plus text messaging. Anywhere from 5-20 a month depending on plan. Now include tax it will come out to about 100 a month for unlimited texting.