iphone 3gs white screen of death

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nocturneromance, Apr 2, 2012.

1. nocturneromance macrumors newbie

after lots of default problems with my first jailbreak i had trouble trying to get cydia to install instalous. There where missing files trouble so i decided to reset and jail break. Half way through the reset the computer froze and the ipsw was impropperly installed. I tried to go back into dfu mode which for some reason it keeps coming up but the apple logo won't show and as a matter of fact itunes will not go past validating the restore. I cant even get itunes to do a factory restore... i get trouble screen 9134, or 1600 or 28. I have not dropped the phone or anything. oh and its the old boot.

please please please help i can't afford a new phone and have to get it to work again.

2. bwrairen macrumors 6502

There is no apple logo when it is in DFU. Put it in DFU and restore. If you get an error at the end, use tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery.

Oh.... and don't expect much support when you are trying to steal software. Piracy is theft. Buy your software. You'll sleep better.

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

That's the problem!

4. Darlyn macrumors newbie

Anyone have a solution? I disconnected motherboard from the battery for several hours like other people said, and I'm still stuck in DFU mode with the white screen. I can restore it to a custom firmware by sn0breeze but after it's install the iPhone doesn't turn on and just goes right back into DFU mode. Nothing I've tried has worked software-wise, including iREB as per these instructions.

5. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

6. Darlyn macrumors newbie

I'm sorry, but this happened to me because I messed up the jailbreak by not follow instructions. Had I done it properly I wouldn't be in this situation. I have been jailbreaking countless devices since day 1 in 2007 when the first JB hit the streets, and this is the only one where anything even remotely unrecoverable has happened.

Anyway, back on topic, if anyone has any info please do post.

7. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

:eek: Lol...chillax bro. Keep on JB'ing!..And I'll stick with a stock OS. See, we both can be happy.

8. Darlyn macrumors newbie

Heh, will do. Just a bit displeased at how everyone claims jailbreaking is dangerous. One case out of scores of my own successful jailbreaks means nothing, and it was my fault anyway.

GOOD NEW EVERYONE. After many hours of search and tinkering (both hardware and software-wise) I've finally had success. I found this forum post, which is quoted below:

"
    I used redsn0w 0.9.8b1 and 4.2.1 with those instructions, and it did nothing. So then I tried 4.1 and walla, it ****ing worked! After weeks of being in what seemed like permanent DFU mode with the dreaded white screen, I finally got it!

Now, I don't know if it was the above instructions or just that I was supposed to have used 4.1 all along rather than 4.2.1, but I don't care, it worked. I'm having trouble restoring to 4.2.1 and am getting the old 3194 error I got before I landed myself in this DFU mess, so unless I can figure out why 4.2.1 isn't working I think I'll just skip to 4.3.3 (newer firmware = progressively lower performance on older devices).

9. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

I'm more curious why you started the thread with a brand new name, then moved to an older one soon after.

10. Darlyn macrumors newbie

11. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

No, but it reads like you started the thread as 'nocturneromance' and soon reverted to 'Darlyn.'

12. Darlyn macrumors newbie

Oh, well it does, but I'm not that person.

I've decided to stay with 4.1 instead of trying to get 4.2.1, which refuses to be restored to by iTunes.