Iphone 3GS with new baseband (replacement from apple store)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Johnny0911, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Johnny0911 macrumors newbie

I have two new iphone 3GS from the apple store. One beening 8gb and the other is a 16gb. One at 5.1.1 and other at 5.0.1. Serial # QR2100xxxxx and the other QR2060xxxxx. Apple replace it due to warranty issue. But now I need to unlocked it but I'm scare of brick my iPhones. I try to down grade the firmware to 4.1 pc and a Mac. Showing error 20.. Need some idea, 1) been how can I down graded it, 2) can I use the iPad baseband on the new baseband???

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Are they both on att? If yes why bother just go on ebay pay $5 and they will be factory unlock!

3. Johnny0911 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I'm in Canada one with bell and the other is telus. And there unlocking code is $80 to $140. For that I rather get a iphone 5. Any help on (Not bricking my iphone with a iPad baseband)?? With the new baseband???

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you attempt to install the iPad bb on either of these 3GS iPhones you will fry them.
    Don't do it, they're not compatible.
    xx129xxxxx and lower you can.
    Yours is higher than that date and a guarantee it will fail.

5. Johnny0911 thread starter macrumors newbie

More or less I'm ****, anybody have any idea to unlocked my iphone 3GS??? I'm stuck

6. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Dnt bell and telus unlock iphone after a certain amount of time being with them? If not just resell them or pay for the unlock. Only way instead of bricking 2 brand new refurbished iphone.

7. Johnny0911 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not with ethier company and they charging me $80 to factory unlocked it... Just thinking on it.. Weight my cost

8. spyguy10709 macrumors 6502a

spyguy10709

What carrier are you on?
    If you tell me, I'll find a good unlocking service for you. And 80 dollars isn't bad, anyway.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Just sell it or pay the eBay unlock price.
    No other options.

10. Johnny0911 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm on fido now, I did check out eBay and they charge ridiculous price. I see only AT&T is the cheapest but I'm in Canada and I get charge taxes so $80-100 and the taxes

11. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Sell it on RedFlagDeals or Craigslist. The 3GS is pretty old, the sooner you sell it the more you'll get.

Always meet in person. Never ship to Nigeria.

12. Johnny0911 thread starter macrumors newbie

Only think is rather keep and take the hole loss then taken a little of my loss

13. SnowDX macrumors 6502

I thought Fido and Rogers unlocked for $50 as long as your contract on the phone was done?

Telus unlocks for $35 but you'd need the phone on the network for 90 days. That being said, I believe they only unlock Telus phones as I had a hard enough time getting them to unlock my Apple replaced phone that was originally a Telus device. It wasn't in their database due to coming from Apple so they kept telling me they couldn't do because it wasn't a Telus device.

Unless something has changed recently, Bell doesn't unlock iPhones.

14. Johnny0911 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tell you it so full of bs, talk to a network some don't know what to do and some say it will cost you. I tell you it full of bs. Talk to apple and they say it not with apple doing it all the network funny hey