iphone 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by janie1268, Mar 29, 2013.

1. janie1268 macrumors newbie

Hi, I bought a second hand iphone 3gs, tried to set it up but can't get past the connect to itunes, I done a imei check which says active,(I'm welsh so don't quite understand what it means) and out of contract, I have also seen that it is with At&t network, so would be able to use this phone in the uk, any help would be really appreciated, thank you, also I could have it opened for £20.00 but was told that would only be able to text and talk,

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I believe that yes, you should be able to use it. However, it sounds like it might still be locked to AT&T, which could be causing the issue you're seeing.

Do you know if it's still locked or, alternatively, if it's been unlocked for use on other networks?

If you're not sure, you can try requesting an unlock from AT&T directly and waiting for their response:

Request a device unlock for your iPhone

3. janie1268 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure no sim card works in it, so I'm assuming that its locked, on the box I had with the phone its says at&t, is there a site could check if its locked to the network, thanks for the reply,

4. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Sure, you could try IMEI.info (step-by-step instructions here). If you find that it is locked, then try submitting an unlock request to AT&T via the link I provided above.