iPhone 4 3G/data won't work in France with Orange (New Problem in newest post)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LeLapinNoir, Sep 5, 2011.

1. LeLapinNoir, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011

LeLapinNoir macrumors newbie

Hello!

I'm in France for 3 1/2 months studying and I brought my American iPhone 4 with me. The firmware is 4.10.01 and it's running iOS 4.3.4.

I bought a Gevey Ultra from AppleBerry and got myself an Orange Mobicarte. Cut it down, installed. It works great. I can make calls and send texts no problem.

So, I subscribe to the "Internet Max" plan (9 euros a month for unlimited data) wait a couple days, but I keep getting this message when I try to run Safari...

"Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data service". No apps that need to access the internet work either. I took it into the Orange store, they told me to call Orange. I had a French friend call Orange to get it sorted, but all they did was tell her to empty the cache which didn't do much good. Orange can see my phone and the fact that I'm subscribed to their "Internet Max" plan from their side as well.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'd love to be able to actually use the data without being near wi-fi.

2. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

You need to install orange france internet settings, go to this site on wifi : www.unlockit.co.nz

3. LeLapinNoir thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! As soon as I get near WiFi (for some reason my iPhone won't connect to the Orange Livebox here in the house), I'll do that!

4. LeLapinNoir thread starter macrumors newbie

Question, is going to the site from my phone on wi-fi the same as manually entering the settings? Because manually entering the settings did nothing.

5. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

6. LeLapinNoir thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Saileshbreaker macrumors regular

8. LeLapinNoir thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, new problem.

It started working out of the blue, but when I woke up this morning, my account was 30 euros drained. I thought, "Maybe it's because I didn't get the email package from Orange and the pushes drained my account.", so I turned off email push and did a little surfing and used Google maps for a minute. 3 more euros drained. Argh. Anyone know why it would be doing this? I have the Internet Max (unlimited per month), Orange has acknowledged this. Is there something else I should be turning on/off to prevent this?

9. hillvsh macrumors newbie

Same problem!!

I just got the exactly same problem with yours, I am using a AT&T phone unlocked by Gevey, phone call and message works good, got the 9E internet max plan yesterday, changed the APN to orange.fr, username: orange, password: orange, but it still doesn't work. what else did you do to the setting to make it work?? Thanks!

10. Banjo060664 macrumors newbie

I'm in lanzarote at moment, from UK.
    Bought Spain Irange Payg sim... All worked but would not connect to Internet. Said I had not subscribed to a data package - I had.

Orange shop no use... Rang orange help, they never got back to me...

I figured it out myself.

I have IPhone 5. I went to Settings, General, Profiles (just above Reset) and deleted my UK phone provider (Giff Gaff) profile.
    Restarted phone and it all worked.

Hope this is useful... Delete your UK profile

Banjo

11. Banjo060664, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014