iphone 4, 4.2.1/ 01.59.00, no service,can I sort in comm center any other ideas.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by teadigger, Feb 12, 2011.

1. teadigger, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011

teadigger macrumors member

Hi got a 4 running 4.2.1 with preserved 15.00 modem to allow unlock, jb with greenpoision, ultrasnow. It lost its signal, no service tried all fixes airplane mode on off, even tried SAM get round it, now uninstalled. Still the only thing I can find is to get into the comm center and do this, hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8333
    will this invalid my warranty and not gone down this road is there a dimwits guide as a lot of the stuff no longer exists. Any other simple processes?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

What is the 15.00 modem? can you look at your phone and see what is in there?

Settings>General>About

3. teadigger thread starter macrumors member

sorry there was 15 in it

Hi sorry I new there was a 15 in it and have managed to get the phone to get carrier orange and awaiting activation but I fear it will do the same and go to no service so i did not want disturb it. It is (01.59.00) which i would like to keep for unlock. many thanks teadigger

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Are you in the US and using T-Mobile sim?

Can you try to reinstall ultrans0w? also, if you are using T-Mobile, please make sure that 3G is off.

5. teadigger thread starter macrumors member

network in uk

Hi I am in the UNITED KINGDOM, and on orange network, the phone is still waiting for activation I am reluctant to do any thing to it as as soon as you do it seems to go to no service. thanks teadigger

6. teadigger thread starter macrumors member

can I go for another fw update using TU

Hi having no joy can I do another restore using Tiny umbrella and preserve my 01.59.00 without going into Greenpoision JB, and kick the phone out of recovery with TU. Let the phone reset hopefully getting service back, then JB. Do I need to uninstall ultrasnow first. many thanks teadigger

7. Nevrsadie macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

I had the same problem with my wife's and my iphone 4. When trying to preserve 1.59 bb phone would not activate. Everything went perfect with jailbreak but could not get service, US on ATT. I eventually got fed up with trying every fix out there and just did a normal upgrade, worked like a charm. I don't need the unlock but tried to preserve so that I could unlock for sale when ip5 comes out.

The only thing i can figure is that when i used TU to preserve bb I did not use it to kick the phone out of DFU. I just ran greenpoison then redsnow. Not sure if this will help or not, but thats my story.

BTW, restore will wipe your jailbreak and unlock, no need to uninstall first. Let me know if that works for you. I read that TU would not kick the phone out of DFU, but that was when greenpoison was first released and there were many problems. But I am too lazy to go through all that again just to find out if that was the problem.