iPhone 4/4S also had scratches at launch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hasanahmad, Sep 23, 2012.

1. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

It is just more prominent in black because of the contrast of the black vs the silver inside. The white also doesnt have a silver band but a greyed color band so it is obvious there as well

By the time we caught our eye towards the 4/4S band, some days had already passed and we took the scratches as normal use

The quality control has not changed, its only our perspective because of visibility

Admit it, would you ever see silver on silver scratches as much as black on silver or grey on silver?

2. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

The major difference is that the iPhone 5 has a coating on the antenna band and the coating is wearing off with normal use (perhaps even simply taking it out of the box). No other iOS device has the same coating.

It's not scratching that's the problem. Most of the problems I've seen online (and my own device) are not scratch-like.

3. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Completely agree.

I also had 2 iPad 2's with scuffs and dents 6 months after launch so nothing's changed.

Luck of the draw and hype of the internet. I had a 4 and 4S with slight markings too.

4. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

So admittedly any coating on 4/4S would also eventually scratch correct ? Coatings will always scratch, its simple chemistry

5. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

If they put the coating on that then it would almost certainly be a problem.

Have you ever seen something like a TV remote or keyboard where the text has started to wear off on the buttons because it's been used a lot?

That's pretty reasonable on an old device, but should it happen on day one?