Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
After two days of owning the iPhone 5 and going back to use a iPhone 4S feels awkward! The screen feels so small and cramped on the older iPhones. At first the iPhone 5, I couldn't justify the increase in vertical real estate but now makes sense and feels natural.

GoodBoy

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
0,5" is not a big difference. Go use galay S3 for a while. You'll be feeling the same about iPhone 5 then:D

Big.Mac.Daddy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2012
I agree but for me it's more about the improvements it gives for landscape internet browsing. I no longer have to zoom in to read text like I needed to on the 4s. Simply wonderful :)

GoodBoy

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
I agree but for me it's more about the improvements it gives for landscape internet browsing. I no longer have to zoom in to read text like I needed to on the 4s. Simply wonderful :)
Depends on the website really... On some you'll still need to zoom.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
0,5" is not a big difference. Go use galay S3 for a while. You'll be feeling the same about iPhone 5 then:D

I have played with the Samsung S3 a feel times. I did not like the big screen at all. When browsing the net the web pages would display full resolution and would make text very small, but I couldn't zoom in WTF?

Aug 5, 2012
I have played with the Samsung S3 a feel times. I did not like the big screen at all. When browsing the net the web pages would display full resolution and would make text very small, but I couldn't zoom in WTF?

So you're saying you dont like a bigger screen unless its an apple product?

Ok...

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009

Ok...

I am saying I don't like a damn near 5" screen. A big screen like that displaying text like it is .2 font but I can't zoom in on the web pages to enlarge it? Someone failed at UX.

motty2307

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2010
Indiana

Ok...

I don't like the larger screens on the Droid or S3 due to the immense width. I knew I wanted a larger screen but didn't want to try fitting a tablet into my pocket.

Honestly, I don't know why someone hadn't thought of going to a widescreen (16:9) phone before the iPhone 5.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Oh, now 3.5 is too small! Before it was perfect.

36hdvm.jpg

Heh, I jest.

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
Not to mention, the 4/4s also feels like a brick when I pick it up now after holding the iPhone 5

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Don't get me wrong, I have not bashed Android nor any other operating system in my posts. I do have an open mind and would not mind jumping to windows phone 8 when they polish it up a bit more. The user experience isn't there yet. I like my mobile devices to handle my simple tasks. Leave the complicated stuff for the PC.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Oh, now lighter is better? Before heavier gave it a premium feel.

36hdvm.jpg

Heh, I could go on and on. :D

But I jest, OP. I'm clearly not talking about you. Just pointing out some of the absurdities of others. 3.5 is indeed small.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
I hate how every thread in this forum are ruined by pissing contests. Ridiculous

Aug 5, 2012
I hate how every thread in this forum are ruined by pissing contests. Ridiculous

What did you expect when you started a thread like this... Basically telling all those 4s owners that you've got a 5 and its much better.

Good for you

motty2307

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2010
Indiana
Uh... because S3 and many phones on the market are already 16:9 before your super unique and innovative iPhone 5.

Oh, I didn't realize they were 16:9. Just knew they were too big to fit into my pocket and hard to use without two hands.

And geez, butt hurt about something?

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Obviously the 4S will feel small, the 5 is .5" bigger. Kind of a dumb topic, no offense.

----------

What did you expect when you started a thread like this... Basically telling all those 4s owners that you've got a 5 and its much better.

Good for you
Exactly. There are so many threads started by 5 owners basically saying "the 5 is so much better than the 4S" we get it guys. You have the newest phone, allow me to bow down to you.

In my opinion the 5 doesn't have the quality feel that previous generations had, but oh well.

motty2307

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2010
Indiana
Oh but clearly that wasn't what you said before. Let me copy exactly what you said for you just in case you are having trouble.
"Honestly, I don't know why someone hadn't thought of going to a widescreen (16:9) phone before the iPhone 5."
And what does that have to do with butt hurt? Butt hurt about me pointing out your false information?

That is what I said, prior to knowing that other phones were already 16:9. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't know and you informed me, albeit in a ********ed way. So sorry that I'm not the most knowledgable person in the world about mobile devices like you are. I bow to your vast knowledge and admit my inferiority.

That what you want to hear?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.