iPhone 4/4S seems so heavy now...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bobby Corwen, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

How did we ever live with it?

I picked my old one up and was shocked how heavy it is to the new 5!

(Did 3 x 5 skullcrushers and 5 x 5 hammer curls with it)

2. Sean006 macrumors 6502

yeah its a short fat heavy weight....f n ugly compared to my 5...:D

3. faroZ06 macrumors 68040

faroZ06

I saw the iPhone 5 for the first time a few days ago. It looks way better in real life than in the pictures. It's beautiful!

4. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

It is heavy and the screen doesn't look impressive anymore. The black version also looks odd compared to the new 5. All that silver and chrome looks out of place now. I personally love all the dark details of the 5 (the sides, camera and flash ring). I also think the screen when off hides much better with the new black.

5. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

i agree. i showed a fee co-workers and they no longer like their 4/4S. i dont like my 4 either, thankfully im getting rid of it. it looks so old. :cool:

6. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

It looks so old? Sarcasm I'm hoping. :confused:

7. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I actually miss the heft of my 4. So much, that I still use it quite heavily (no pun intended) for tasks best suited for an iPod Touch.

I am glad I kept it, I was considering a new Touch, but I don't see the need in spending so much money when the 4 still works really well for those purposes.

Both are a nice piece of Kit in their own regard.

8. noteple macrumors 65816

9. zeyank macrumors member

yep

In the short time I have had my iPhone 5, I have gotten so accustomed to the larger screen and lower weight that I loath having to pick up and use my iPhone 4. It doesn't seem much different on paper, but in real life, it is night and day. Love the iPhone 5!:cool:

10. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes it is a hefty piece of kit indeed.

Are you sure the pun wasn't intended ? Because quite frankly, it was an amazingly appropriately well timed and placed pun...

11. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

I say that about the screen size of the 4S now... =) S3 is massive.

12. apierrec macrumors 6502

13. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Using the old iPhone 4 also feels very puny now! I don't know how I ever lived with it like that ;). I am staying away from the jumbo Android phones, because I don't want to get pulled in!

14. CanadaEh macrumors regular

I picked up my iPhone 4 after using my iPhone 5 and thought that the 4 was the ugliest thing alive :rolleyes:

15. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Aw, come on, it doesn't look that bad if you pull it out of the case.

16. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I find it funny that people call the 4/4S ugly now that the 5 is out. Even though the 5 is a stretched 4S with a thinner/lighter build and a two tone back that everyone seems to complain about. I mean honestly they dont look all that different. I think my 4S still looks very sleek and current despite its 3.5" screen that satisfies me. And people think it's heavy? Maybe if you have girl arms.

17. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Lol, exaggerate much? I love my iPhone 5 just as much as some of you but the 4/4s is still a beautiful phone. I do miss the heft of the 4s but I'm used to the light weight now.

The 4/4s is still a good looking phone.

18. CanadaEh macrumors regular

Maybe I exaggerated just a tad :p

19. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

My how fickle. All because of appearance? If anything is old it's the three year run of this form factor. Elongated a few mm and slightly different look is all it takes?

20. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I actually had to go back and edit the post to add that. Read really silly :eek: .

I still love the look and feel of my 4, I couldn't get myself to sell it. The nice thing is, I (assume) I can buy a sim adapter and use it as a primary phone at times still too.

I actually watched the iPhone 4 Keynote with Steve Jobs again recently, one of his best keynotes, lots of little humor spots in it, and he clearly liked that phone design well.

21. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

If you want to go around carrying something that could double for a dumbbell in your pocket, be my guest.

I can dunk now with the 5 in my pocket whereas before I had to set my phone down before I dunked...

Maybe the weight helps for training though if you're runnin uphill with a 4/4S.

22. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Funny how just a few grams only matters now, and was conveniently ignored while the 4 & 4S were current models.

AppleLand is where one visits, when they want to experience the true meaning of the word "Hypocritical", it's a way of life in Apples walled garden :D

23. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

I just think its funny how shocking it is to pick up the old model when for so long it seemed awesome but all of a sudden it feels like a heavy outdated brick with sloppy design.

Technological evolution is funny like that.

24. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Hope you don't tell Mr. Ive himself that he made a sloppy design ;)

25. Bobby Corwen thread starter macrumors 68030

That's SIR Jony Ive to us...

And I would never say such a thing.