iPhone 4 Backup Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmb8021, May 9, 2012.

1. dmb8021 macrumors member

I wasn't exactly sure where to ask this question, so hopefully this is the right place. Anyway, recently I have been getting an error whenever I try to backup my iPhone (says the backup can't be saved to my computer). I have also been getting an error when trying to update to 5.1.1.

After googling the problem, one of the solutions was to go to delete the backup from iTunes (in preferences/devices). Before I did this, I went to /Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/ and copied the backup files incase something went wrong. Well, that still didn't fix the problem and after going to the genius bar, it turns out there is a corrupt file in the software and I have to restore the phone. Well, since I deleted the backup from iTunes, I don't have a recent backup. However, I still have the files saved on my desktop.

How can I have iTunes look at those files in hopes that I can use the most recent backup after restoring the phone? I can't find the MobileSync/Backup folder on my HD anymore, even though my iPod Touch was backed up without any issues.

2. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

Use search and it will come up hope that helps