iPhone 4 battery eBay

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dima470, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

So, i have bought a new battery on ebay for my iPhone 4 for $1.99. (the user had 99.8% positive feedback and it seemed alot better than goin to apple and throwing $80 away). I checked it out on battery detective and it says that the charge is 99.56% and my old battery only held 89%. The cycle count was only 2. But the battery is dying fast. What could be a problem if it is brand new???

2. lazard macrumors 65816

3. Dima470 thread starter macrumors regular

Dima470

ya but like i said before, battery detective says it was only on its 2nd cycle and the seller had 99.8% positive feedback. Maybe when a bettery is first used, it might need a couple of cycles to display the percentage properly?

4. Kurios2 macrumors regular

Kurios2

I think the problem is $1.99 and you got what you paid for. The one I purchased cost about ten dollars with parts to remove the old battery. Good "show how" at utube. Do a little research on eBay. Good luck.

5. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Ok, if you think the battery is ok then keep using it. Any app you have will be inaccurate percentage. If it lasts longer than the other battery then keep it. If it doesn't after a few cycles it's junk. Aftermarket batteries are notoriously crappy. Doesn't matter the sellers feedback, the battery is cheap.