iPhone 4 Battery Replaced At Genius Bar Today, First Of It's Kind

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Statusnone88, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Been having a lot of trouble with my iPhone 4's battery life but the phone I have is so perfect every other way, I didn't want to replace it for one issue and risk having another problem pop up. I went to Apple about a week ago and the genius told me they weren't currently doing just battery swaps for the iPhone 4, but they would be very, very soon.

I go back today and after 30 minutes of digging around the back, the genius found the battery kit. It took a little longer, he said, because they had to watch a video on how to do it because I was the first ever in this store to have this service done. I walked out of there with my exact same phone and hopefully a better battery.

Figured I'd share my story if it helps anyone out. And if this is old news and I'm just behind the times, spare me the flame wars. I just figured since it was the first one to be done in my Apple store, people might not know they have this option.

2. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

That's just pathetic it took them half an hour to change the battery. It's a 30 second process that I was able to figure out on my own.

So much for genius.

3. Statusnone88 thread starter macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Haha, when he left he told me it would take "10 minutes" but because they've never done it before (don't see how it's different from the past 3 years) that it took them longer. The Apple Store over here is shoulder-to-shoulder packed on Saturdays so the wait was the longest 30 minutes ever.

4. jamied95 macrumors 6502

At least they helped you, and you got to look at all the other Apple kit you don't need but now want ;)

5. Statusnone88 thread starter macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Yeah, the guys and girls at the Apple Store in the Florida Mall are fantastic.

But then again, I can't recall ever having a "bad" experience with an Apple employee, in person or on the phone.