iPhone 4 Blue Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by astrsk, Oct 2, 2012.

1. astrsk macrumors newbie

I have the iPhone 4S. I got it January 6, 2012. I am still under the standard warranty, I did not buy apple care. Two days ago my iPhone 4S died after taking pictures. When I went to charge it, I got this blue screen (not completely blue, but vertical lines of blue varying in thickness). I took it in to Genius Bar and they told me I would have to pay about $200 for a replacement because of the wear and tear on the phone. I have dropped my phone once 6 months ago and the back cracked but it has worked fine since. I never cared to get the back replaced because it wasn't a big deal for me. What I am being told is that the warranty is void because of the external damage that can in turn cause internal damage over time. Has anyone else dealt with something like this? I spoke to a manager who wasn't helpful. I don't want to pay the $200 if I can avoid it. Maybe it's because I live in Hawaii and a lot of people come in with damaged phones so they had to turn me down? It definitely did not have water damage, btw.

-Maria (Honolulu, HI)

2. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

Check with your credit card company. Most cards have 90 days of accidental damage, theft, or loss coverage as well as 1 extra year of extended warranty. You should call 1800MYAPPLE instead--they have way way better customer service than the retail stores.

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

1) You take it to a local place close to you, and see if their repair shop can fix it for you, for less than what Apple is quoting.

2) Look online for repair services

3) Pay Apple the $200.00 to fix your used phone

4) Buy a new phone (if you are eligible for an upgrade) or outright