Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macswitcha2, Jul 13, 2010.
This is scary...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWqP9l35HSI
He's full of crap. I've put mine in its dock tons of times and never once got shocked. He didn't even prove it to happen.
How can you really prove that?
I got shocked while pushing a shopping cart and texting. It was a nice jolt. Much stronger than most static electricity shocks.
Exactly.... But he could have atleast re-created his "situation" of getting shocked. It was probably lazy feet dragging across the carpet in his home and a metal object on his body stored the engery and transfered it to the metal on the phone. Just like when you touch a door knob.
Aluminum steel? That's two different kinds of metal, moron
LOL didn't even catch that the first time.
LOL. I laughed out loud when I heard him say that.
I think he is a porn star
Hit me again TUBE SOCK!!
I don't think he made this up. Seems like he's a Mac head and simply is reporting on something that can be dangerous.
The only "Shock" i have gotten was seeing how ignorant people can be.
Even if a phone plugged in could shock you it isn't enough to hurt you. It is only 5 volts DC or there about and that isn't enough to harm you unless you are stupid enough to keep doing it for extended periods of time and even then I don't think it would do anything. It may cause pain but no real harm.
You can see he is a liar for the fact his wife flops back on the couch just as bad as boston did during the finals. If she was; as he claims shocked why did she flop on the couch later in the video?
Apple should put a 'don't lick it' sticker on the dock.
Just another excuse for some idiot to email Steve Jobs.
I know I have been shocked with static electricity a few times putting my iPhone 3G into a particular speaker dock I have at home. Always happens in winter and the dock is in a Pergo floor area with the foam underneath, so maybe it has something to do static building up more with that type of floor. When I went to go put the phone in, bam, I get one heck of a static spark and it does hurt a little. But really its no diffferent than if I had touched any well grounded item.
LOL'd at this...and everytime I see that commercial
or the 'kneel before Christ!!!' part of family guy when Peter learns he can shock people
iPhone 4 is also a remote explosive device that can be triggered wirelessly by al-Queda terrorists. 3 million lives are at stake.
LOL ... That sounds more like it
I tell you, I got a shock!
When I saw Moby Dick park itself on the couch!
The only shock I've gotten from my iPhone 4 is when I first looked at the Retina Display.
I just tried the shock test with a ring and nothing happened.
While my iPhone 4 is plugged into my PC, charging, I get a mild electric shock.
It's very uncomfortable to hold and I have to let go after a few seconds.
This is a replacement iPhone 4. Previous one didn't do it.
The chances of a low voltage power supply shocking somebody are just about zero. On the other hand, we've all been shocked by static electricity, which has sufficient voltage sometimes to arc through air. So... the YouTube poster has a buildup of static charge and then grounds himself via the dock or its connector....
Seriously - this is a non-issue.
He seems like a mac head? Are you kidding me? Whatever gave you that idea?
He seems like a guy with a phone he knows very little about.
Did he get shocked? Probably. Is it a big design flaw in the iphone? I very much doubt it.