Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
I have a strange situation,

When i want to call someone;
I can't hear anything.

When i answered a call from someone;
On the other line, he/she can't hear my voice or anything

BUT When i go to Viber App, then call someone on viber,
There's no any problem. Everything is fine.

#^?

Every opinion is very important for me. Thank you guys...

exests

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
Reset your phone, set up as new (if you restore from back-up, the issue is more likely to return).
is it common issue?
i just dropped the phone then that problem came up. everything just fine before i dropped it.. ?

exests

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2012
you could just have a loose mic connection.
try removing the wifi antenna and then disconnecting / connecting the top microphone cable.

steps for removing the wifi antenna: http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+iPhone+4+Wi-Fi+Antenna/6846/1

this shows the top mic cable (green box): http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+iPhone+4+Headphone+Jack+&+Volume+Control+Cable/4337/3#s15384

i already did that brother. please read my post carefully, if mic connection related problem then why Viber allows voices ??

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Try calling someone with the headset plugged in your iPhone, maybe it's dirt in the headphone jack that makes your iPhone think the headset is plugged in? I know that doesn't really explain why it does work on Viber but still worth a try.

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
i already did that brother. please read my post carefully, if mic connection related problem then why Viber allows voices ??
sorry, i didn't see where you said you took apart the phone yet.
i thought there might be a loose connection because the iPhone uses the noise canceling mic at the top while you are on calls. it is possible that the Viber app does not use that top mic for noise canceling and just relies on the main mic at the bottom of your phone. i don't know how the third party apps work. just a suggestion anyway... it doesn't take long to open it up and tighten everything down under the wifi antenna.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.