iPhone 4 (CDMA) huge battery life drop after updating to 5.1.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by violence, May 26, 2012.

1. violence macrumors member

Any other iPhone 4 owners experience the same? Previous to the update, overnight the phone would drop 4-5% (over 8 hours). Now it drops about 15%, which is a pretty significant difference. I do have some Cydia apps installed but they were also installed when I was running 5.0.1 so I don't think they're the culprits. Other than that, I tend to keep the background processes clean and have never used any push features for any app. It's unfortunate because I used to be able to get about 24 hours of use out of a single charge and now seems like I have to charge at least a couple times a day.

2. irDigital0l Guest

I charge my iPhone 4 everynight so I don't know.

But it seems fine in regular usage. I haven't noticed any significant drops or ups in daily usage.

3. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

Haven't noticed any significant change with my Verizon iPhone on 5.1.1. What carrier are you using?

4. gd6 macrumors member

my verizon cdma 4s gets a lot hotter...especially when charging...I was hoping it wasnt the jailbreak...I don't ever remember the back feeling that hot. This was only noticed since going to 5.1.1

5. srf4real macrumors 68040

srf4real

I suspect it is one or more of your tweaks, and not Absinthe. I am iPhone 4 CDMA iOS 5.1.1 and my battery stays at 99-100% four hours after charging in standby mode after jailbreak. Now when I fire up Cydia and start hammering them poor tired repo servers, yes my phone gets hot. :p