(iPhone 4) Change the quality of the video you're shooting?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by itimgtd, Oct 22, 2011.

1. itimgtd macrumors newbie

I just bought an iPhone 4 and I understand this may be a very stupid question. Please help me out.

I just shot a video clip and when I played it back on my computer it definitely didn't seem like 720p HD quality. Is there some sort of settings where I can change the video quality to the highest setting possible? I tried to find it but couldn't... How do you shoot 720p quality video on your iPhone?

Thank you in advance!

2. itimgtd thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Halothe23 macrumors newbie

Hey, the iPhone automatically is set to record in 720p so don't worry. ;)

4. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

It will always use the highest possible setting. And if the quality of your video is not great it's probably because you where shooting in low light environment, which NO camera likes and will not give you a good quality video if it's not a several thousand worth of camera gear.

For those who wants to do the opposite and record in lower quality (so it takes less space) can switch to the front camera and record on that, not that you might see what you record as easily... hehe :p

5. ric275 macrumors member

ric275

Yep, the guys are right. It automatically shoots in 720p. Most likely the lighting was poor. ;)