iPhone 4 charging time

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ScottishMac, Aug 20, 2012.

1. ScottishMac macrumors newbie

I've got an iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1 and it is charging ridiculously fast. As I write this the phone has been plugged in for less than 20 minutes and has gone from having no battery left to being at 32%. Battery life does appear to have decreased a little, especially when browsing via wi-fi or 3G.

Does anyone else have any experience of this or know any fixes?

I'm due an upgrade not long after the next iPhone comes out so will more than likely being actioning that but I'd like to get this sorted.

Many thanks.

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

That's pretty normal. My iphone 4 takes less than an hour for a full charge.

3. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

yeah iPhones do charge up pretty quick. I think the batteries apple puts in its mobile devices are designed to be charged up to 80% on a 'quick charge', which is probably why you are experiencing it going up to 32% so quickly.

4. ScottishMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers for your replies. I'm glad to hear that the charging speed / time is pretty normal... my concern was mainly that it is significantly faster than anything achieved in the past year.

5. seeman macrumors newbie

Leave it on the charger.It will automatically stop charging when full.Because leaving it connected after full will not harm the iPhone or charger.