iPhone 4 Compatibility with Bose

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by italeki, Apr 30, 2011.

1. italeki macrumors regular

Today I connected my iPhone 4 to my Bose speaker that has a specific connection for iPhone, and to my surprise I started getting pop ups to dismiss saying that the device is not compatible. I continued trying until it started to play the music. This was not happening with my iPhone 3gs or recent iPod Touch. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I thought the iPhone 4 was updated and more compatible to issues like these.

2. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

What Bose product?

No problems with my 4s with my SoundDock 10 (one on 4.3.1, one on 4.2.1)

3. italeki thread starter macrumors regular

It's the Bose Sound Dock. Not sure if it's because I updated my iPhone 4 to 4.3.2.

4. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I get those popups with my iPhone 4 but everything works fine. I have a sound dock portable and a regular sound dock and all is good!

5. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

OK so I plugged my 4.3.1 iPhone 4 into the dock today and got the incompatibility popup. Unlocked the device, dismissed the popup, and charging/music playback still works.

6. wxman2003 Suspended

Do you have your iphone in a case? If so, remove and try again.

7. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

You're right- if the dock connector isn't securely seated sometimes these error messages will appear.

Personally I don't have a case and sometimes these errors appear (but charging+music still works) so... something to test I guess.

8. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

i get that occasionally if my phone isn't seated 100%.

9. italeki thread starter macrumors regular

I took the cover off and only one popup, so thats good. Thanks!!!

10. ynot74 macrumors newbie

amaaaaaaaazing....that actually worked.....took the iPhone out of the rubber case (even though it seemed to seat ok on the Bose dock........and voila!!!....all working..........don't ya just luuuuv how low tech the high tech stuff is!!!!!

11. gagi macrumors newbie

Still Popping

My iPhone4S isn't in a case. It plays just fine 'til it gets charged to about 95%. That's when it starts popping (no error message). The music stops, then starts again until the next pop. This is really getting on my nerves. Do I really need to run down the battery before I can play music?

12. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I have the Bose SoundDock Portable and I use to get the incompatibility message when I docked my iPhone 4. But when I upgraded to iOS 5.0,the error message went away. I have both the SoundDock Portable and the SoundLink Wireless (doesn't really apply to this).

13. buster4christ macrumors newbie

I also just got an :apple:iPhone 4S and I am having the same issue! Does anybody know what the cause is?? I have used an iPhone 4 and don't think there were any problems...
    I am using the portable Bose SoundDock

14. deedee3 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue....get loud pop & then lose music for half a second, then music returns. And this only happens when my IPhone 4s is in the dock of the Bose Portable and it gets near 93% charged. No problem if my battery is below that! I asked Apple to please document my case in hopes that someone can look into this. If you still want to listen to music get a 1/8" RCA adaptor (I think that's what it's called, it has two identical male ends) @ Radio Shack ($10)...plug into the headphone holes of the Bose & Iphone. You just won't be able to charge the phone....:(:(:(