iPhone 4 cuts out during calls...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by najicta, May 9, 2013.

1. najicta macrumors member

So, I have an iPhone 4 that has been cutting out while I'm speaking with someone. Sometimes I can hear the other person, sometimes I can't, but either way they cannot hear me when this happens... The random solution? To put the phone on speaker phone temporarily, then switch back to the regular speaker. However, inevitably, it will happen again within minutes. It seems to happen with incoming and with outgoing phonecalls. I would deal with it, but I make business calls with this phone and I am worried that people may be missing messages I leave them due to this issue. The phone is out of warranty and unfortunately I am not in a position to upgrade at this time... Yes, it is up to date on the software and yes I have tried soft and hard resets... is this a known issue with a solution? I haven't found any other solution yet...

2. awesomest47 macrumors member

Hmm... anytime a phone cuts a call is likely due to your network coverage. Give your service provider a call and see what's up. Also, maybe try holding the phone in a different way, if it is an AT&T model you are likely blocking the antenna (google Death Grip)