iPhone 4 Factory Unlock with AT&T phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhoned00d, Sep 28, 2012.

1. iPhoned00d macrumors newbie

Hey guys! I just bought an iPhone 4 locked to AT&T off someone who was the original AT&T customer. He told me he had sent in the unlock request to AT&T and in about 72 hours I should receive the unlock for my 4. So its been about 3 days now, and I haven't gone no email, I went on eBay and purchased a factory unlock service through a high rated eBay seller, gave him my IMEI and he said it would take 1-2 business days. It's been about 2 days already. I am seriously growing impatient with this issue. Does anybody here at MacRumors know how long this process takes? or if I'm even going to receive my factory unlock.With this being said, I even called AT&T and a rep said that they can't check on the process even though I have the request number, so they directed me to Apple, and an advisor at Apple said they can't check either. I'm like :confused::confused: So any help here would be great. Or anyone who has experienced this kind of factory unlock issue? Thanks!

2. rritterson macrumors 6502

Have you tried it yet? Maybe it is unlocked and you just haven't gotten an email.

3. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I used an online service that was VERY fast after running into issues with AT&T unlocking my iPhone 4s so i could use it overseas.
    You can try entering your IMEI at this site and see if it says it's unlocked:

http://iphoneox.com/

Also, I'd call AT&T again and see what they say.
    Other than that, I would suggest that your only option is to wait it out.