Iphone 4 gets very hot.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gc15, Apr 29, 2013.

1. gc15 macrumors regular

This happens usually when the battery gets low, around 50% and lower and im playing a game, not a very heavy running game, for example angry birds or jetpack joyride, but it also occurs when i use twitter or facebook at times as well. It also just occurred while i was just checking twitter and instagram while it was charging and it felt very warm. I have had this phone for over 2 years now, and i know im in for an upgrade, but is this normal? Im trying my best to hold off on the next version of iphone, but i honestly dont know if i can.

Other problems i have, is the slowness of the device running on the most recent software, crashing, and freezing. My lock button is stuck so i cant reset my phone and sometimes notification center doesnt even pull down. Would a full system restore solve some of these problems? Would you guys upgrade now or wait? Just curious.

2. imeth macrumors regular

U waited this long, if u posted this last sep, I'd say upgrade but now just wait for the 5s it will totally be worth it.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Not guarantee is gonna fix it, but I would do a full back up, do a RESTORE, reload your Apps and at this point am sure you have more than a few you haven't use for a while so you can just not load then, then re-sync your lib. Hopefully that clean the cruds out.

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I would also recommend doing a full restore. If it's software problems, this should help

5. aarif2012 macrumors member

6. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

The battery is fried.
    Happend to my 4 also...it was getting really hot then stopped working...I replaced the battery and everything went back to normal.

7. macandmercedes macrumors member

Battery

Looks like it is the battery that is acting up, you would have to replace it ASAP. It may give you more trouble in the foreseeable future.

8. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

I don't want to hijack this tread but I have similar symptoms with my 4s.

I took it to an Apple Genius and she ran some diagnostics and the battery checked out OK. Could the diagnostics be wrong? The battery goes down from 100% to less than 10% in less than 3 hours. I'd hate to spend the money to replace the battery if it's something else causing the issue.