iPhone 4 Home Button Sometimes Doesn't Work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by irDigital0l, Jan 31, 2012.

1. irDigital0l Guest

This happened recently, my iPhone 4's home button won't respond sometimes no matter how many times I press it, nothing happens. Sometimes it works fine, other times not. I bought my Verizon iPhone 4 back when it was released Feb 2011. Sometimes I feel that the home button is a little bit loose, but I know if I take it to Apple, I need to show them the problem and since this seems to be at completely random times, I'm not sure what to do.

Any advice?

2. Jasonx82 macrumors member

This is a known issue misclicks on home button (wear and tear)
    If your out of warranty it will be $129 to replace the phone

3. irDigital0l thread starter Guest

damn that sucks, idk it still works, just I got this problem not too long ago.

guess I'll have to figure out other ways to go around the iphone w/o using the home button too much

thanks though

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Take it in. The genius has flexibility. May get a free replacement. Worth a shot. I know I have had free repairs on out of warranty products before

5. davidgrimm macrumors regular

Make an appointment and take it in. On prior models, they could clean under the button, for free, while you wait. Maybe they can on the 4 as well. Mine does this too, its just I'm too lazy to take it in.

----------

Me too, or I should say my daughter has gotten this done free. They repaired her MacBook and replaced her phone for free. Be nice to them and maybe they'll make you a deal. ;)

6. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Or jailbreak and never need to use your home button again.