iphone 4 , if you had a carrier choice would you have got it on att or vzw?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bonds79, Jul 18, 2010.

?

CARRIER

1. VZW

41 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. att

109 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. Bonds79 macrumors 6502

If you had a carrier choice would you have got it on att or vzw?
    AND WHY?

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

AT&T because I've been with them for over a decade and have been satisfied with their service.

3. cdebnil macrumors regular

AT&T because I have a much bigger discount with them and everyone I know has AT&T (so I can get a lower minute plan and use mobile to mobile more often). I had Verizon before the iphone came out and service in TX was hit or miss vs pretty good signal with ATT everywhere I go in TX.

4. ScrewTheDaisies macrumors regular

I had Verizon for years, then we moved and we didn't get any signal at the new house, so we switched to AT&T-which made me happy because I could finally get an iPhone. I've had no problems with cell service or customer service, so even if Verizon coverage expanded to reach our house AND they offered the iPhone, I'd just stick with what I have. I found dealing with Verizon's customer service and sales much more aggravating, actually.

5. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

ATT

The sellout of Cellular One to ATT was huge in my area. Cell1 had flooded the better part of the region with towers and consequently the service is great. The one issue (and it's a biggie) I have is the lack of 3g network for my area. Having over 125,000 people in a 40 mile stretch and no 3g is annoying.

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Great AT&T.

Also, SEARCH the forums next time... there are literally over 10 threads on this same topic.

7. thales macrumors member

AT&T now, but I'd probably prefer Verizon when they roll out their 4G network later this year.

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

This thread is proof that the Verizon wanters make the most noise.

AT&T seems to be the popular choice yet not a day goes by where there isn't somebody asking when the phone will go to Verizon.

:rolleyes:

9. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

It doesn't really matter they are both about the same in my area, and I would suspect in most of the country. I voted AT&T because I am currently with them and the people in the local store are nicer then those in the Verizon store.

10. realeric macrumors 6502a

realeric

AT&T !!!!!! Good service, good reception, and............ FAN discount( :p )

11. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

AT&T. Good reception and speed (I'm not in Manhattan too often), cheaper than Verizon and it's GSM. Absolutely crucial as I travel a lot.

12. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Wow, I am really surprised by this poll with AT&T being in the lead. Seems that we mostly hear about the negatives about at&t and what awful service they offer. I understand that is a relative to where one lives. We all hear talk about iPhone eventually going to verizon and it always causes some kind of fury.

Put me down as happy with AT&T as well. I switched from sprint to AT&T when the 1st iPhone came out. AT&T has been far better for me here in KC. I had been with sprint for over 10 yrs however the service was always so so. I could be next to there national HQ here in KC and drop a call. What kind of service is that.

Anyways, just my thoughts.......

13. hcho3 macrumors 68030

AT&T because I don't live in San Francisco or NYC. Verizon Wireless does have edges on service, but they are still using CDMA technology as of today. Also, Verizon has terrible customer service in my experience. So, I go with AT&T for now.

14. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

I dumped Verizon and paid the ETF to go to AT&T and get their great service. :D

Never going back to crappy Verizon. :mad:

15. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

AT&T

I had Verizon for years didn't care for them and their customer service lacks. My wife and kids are still on VZ until their phones run out then they will switch. I get a bigger discount with VZ then AT&T but VZ doesn't have roll over minutes and I can not be on a conference call and use data plan at the same time on VZ besides my service on AT&T has been nearly perfect or as good as VZ.

16. puggles macrumors regular

17. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I have had both carriers. Both are satisfying. I tend to get better service on trips with AT&T vs when I had verizon.

18. Savor Suspended

Savor

AT&T

Been with Cingular since 2001 and don't want to go back to CDMA.

But to be honest, I would prefer no contracts for any of them. I like to try out different carriers. If I did sign a contract, I would want it one year only. I like to keep my free agent status.

19. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

I've never had problems with AT&T, so - AT&T.

20. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I love how simple it is to use Unlocked phones on AT&T's GSM network. I don't have to call Verizon to activate it. Great, especially when you like to use a few phones within a week.

21. The Governor macrumors regular

I think I'll hold out for the boost mobile iPhone. Perhaps iphone5?

22. hipvamore macrumors regular

verizon for service, i love att for everything else though, customer service, sim cards, unlock feature ect,

23. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

AT&T. 3G speeds are twice (or more) as fast and coverage is superior in my area. Plus, better customer support, in my opinion.