iPhone 4, iOS 5.1, Freezing, Crashing, & Restarting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ryannazaretian, Apr 20, 2012.

1. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

I sent my iPhone into Apple last week for freezing, crashing, and restarting issues. When they tested it, they found nothing wrong...

Now, I get the phone Monday morning, and while restoring it, it gets stuck in a restart loop. This restore was being pulled from iCloud, so not a local copy that I have. Well, I hold down Power + Home to reset it and it boots up, I do the same thing and everything is good.

Since Monday, I'll find sometimes that when I pull my phone out of my pocket that it has the spinning gear. It'll spin for a second, stop, and then start spinning again. I looked in the log files and it's SpringBoard crashing due to SIGSEGV (EXC_BAD_ACCESS).

I also had it do it when in my hand, and I knew something was going to happen. When I pushed the home button to wake the screen, the "Slide to Unlock" was really jerky. When I went to unlock it, it kind of stuck there for a second, then the Unlock screen popped up. I typed in my key code, and it took about 5 seconds until the numbers registered on the screen. Everything was really choppy. I double clicked the Home button to see what all was in the task bar, and as soon as I did that, the phone hard froze.

Since Monday, I have have over 200 log files, many of them:
    awdd
    configd
    SpringBoard

So, if Apple says there is nothing wrong with my phone, then I supposed it must be a 3rd party application causing it to malfunction.

Does anyone know of any issues with any of the following causing your phone to misbehave:

1. Netflix
    2. Pandora
    3. SoundHound
    4. Flixter
    5. Apple Remote
    6. Engadget
    7. WLOX News (Doubt many people have this one)
    8. TWCMax (The Weather Channel)
    9. CNET
    10. TomTom U.S.A.
    11. AroundMe
    12. Find iPhone
    13. DrawSomething
    14. Facebook
    15. Google Voice
    16. SmartSync
    17. Skype
    18. Beejive
    19. Posted
    20. RedLaser
    21. Dropbox
    22. myAT&T
    23. SpeedTest
    24. Skyfire
    25. Downloads
    26. Air Sharing
    27. JotNot Pro
    28. Pages
    29. Keynote
    30. Numbers
    31. Light
    32. Sleep Cycle

Any other ideas or recommendations?

2. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I have something similar but I'm on a 4S on 5.0.1 and jailbroken. My phones randomly freezes and does the unlock delay like yours and I've started finding it just restarting on its own. It also randomly loses all signal but then reconnects to full bars :confused:

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

The normal advice on a jailbroken iPhone is to remove your most recent tweak and respiring to see if the issue is resolved and keep deleting till it is.

Process of elimination !

----------

Im not aware of any issues with your supplied list of app's.
    Perhaps another member may have more knowledge on your installed apps.

You could start deleting them one by one as a process of elimination.

You might want to try a restore and set the iPhone up as new to see if this clean install resolves the issue.

If not then keep on at Apple.

4. easer353, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012

easer353 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issues. I think it's best to just restore and not from back up. Just start off fresh. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure that's the best solution. I deleted some of the similar apps I have listed, but nothing. I restart, put in password, and it works. Once I sleep it, I try to get back in and it freezes...

Ok, I believe I found out the issue. Please test this. Go and try to go to Settings - General - and tap on Passcode Lock. Does it freeze for you? It freezes on me. This is probably the issue.

5. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

It didn't start till about a month after I installed my latest jb app. During that time I actually had very good battery life :confused:

6. easer353 macrumors newbie

Second update:

Ok, It takes a few tries, but get to the password setting and turn off password. This will stop from crashing. I don't know why this is happening, but it should resolve the issue. Apple needs to fix this. It is happening to other people I know.

7. jokojovani macrumors newbie

Same problem but no password

I had the same issue on my device but Apple asked me for 200$ to get a new phone as my warranty had expired 2 months ago and this problem couldn't be fixed.

I finally found the solution http://bit.ly/MKUQkF strange but doest the job :D