iphone 4 is not restoring

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by emmalynn, Mar 17, 2012.

1. emmalynn macrumors newbie

I woke up this morning (after having iPhone plugged in to charge last night) and the phone was turned off and wouldn't turn back on. I unplugged it, and plugged it and the date/time was wrong, said I had no wifi, wouldn't let me text, ect. I tried plugging it into the computer and it wouldn't connect, so I held on the Home button and replugged it in, to get it to the restore menu. I've tried quite a few times and whenever I'm downloading the new software in order for my iPhone to restore, it always turns off with about 1 minute left in the process. Very frustrating! Anything else I should do?

2. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

is it under warranty?

3. emmalynn thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it pretty recently.. in January. I don't think I bought any extra warranty, do iPhones come with one?

4. Balibalistic macrumors regular

dude type in error 3194 in google. the first thing s a video. I copied it step by step and it. fixed me right up. also, do not try and return a jail broken iPhone. they won't take it.

5. emmalynn thread starter macrumors newbie

what is error 3194 though? i haven't jail broken my phone

6. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

"Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support."

http://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone.html

I'd go visit the Apple Store for help. I'm not 100% sure, but I think they'll repair your iPhone for free since you didn't drop it or have it exposed to water.

7. emmalynn thread starter macrumors newbie

okay thanks i will call them! does anyone know why error 21 would show up if I didn't jail break it?

8. Balibalistic macrumors regular

it's a common error that can occur when upgrading or downgrading your phone. if your a tech savvy kinda guy it's very easy to fix, just watch the video on google. if not just take it back.

9. emmalynn, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012

emmalynn thread starter macrumors newbie

okay thanks yeah i'll follow that video! just making sure it doesn't only work for jail broken phones or anything

------

i can't find the files/folder in my windows that it is telling me to