iPhone 4 Jail break concerns

Rm7pr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2012
Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum so I hope I'm not breaking any rules.
I'm thinking of jail breaking my iPhone 4 (AT&T) for a trip I'm about to take because I want to have the ability to tether my iPad to my iPhone. My concerns are:
1.Will I be able to unjail break my iPhone once I return and have everything back to normal?
2.Will I lose my unlimited data plan?
3.Which is the best (or stable) jail break app (I've been researching Cydia)?
Any info will be greatly appreciated. And I'm sure this topic has been discussed but I haven't been able to find it. My search function doesn't seem to work. Thanks.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
1. Yes. All you gotta do is a simple restore as new in iTunes.
2. No. Jailbreaking does not effect your data plan. All it does is give you root access on your iPhone.
3. Don't know.

x-evil-x

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2008
Absinthe is what I used on my iPad 3 and iPhone 4. Both work great and so many more features. I've been jail breaking my phones since 2008 3G on up. First iPad.
And everything he said.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum so I hope I'm not breaking any rules.
I'm thinking of jail breaking my iPhone 4 (AT&T) for a trip I'm about to take because I want to have the ability to tether my iPad to my iPhone. My concerns are:
1.Will I be able to unjail break my iPhone once I return and have everything back to normal?
2.Will I lose my unlimited data plan?
3.Which is the best (or stable) jail break app (I've been researching Cydia)?
Any info will be greatly appreciated. And I'm sure this topic has been discussed but I haven't been able to find it. My search function doesn't seem to work. Thanks.

most people I know use either cydia or rock. I think cydia has more support though.