iPhone 4 Jailbroken to Stock did you go Stock and Regret it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wicked1, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Just trying to get a sense of the main reason people seem to be going from a JB iPhone 4 to Stock. Is the new 4.2 Release make the iPhone 4 much better and does anyone regret going Stock to JB, or going from JB to Stock?

2. LSUtigers03, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010

LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I'm staying at 4.1 until an untethered jailbreak comes out for 4.2.1. Everytime I've had a stock iPhone I've missed my jailbreak. I have to have things like tlert, sbsettings, 3gunrestricter, folderenhancer, etc.

3. vachargerfan macrumors regular

I miss somethings on my JB. But I was having serious proximity sensor issues with my phone. I had tried restoring as new, and was still having issues with 4.1. So I upgraded to 4.2. Fixed my issues, plus I have gotten better battery life. So it is a wash for me. Hopefully the JB will be out soon for 4.2 (i don't want to do the custom firmware). But I can live with it for now

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

All my iPhone's have been jailbroken and they always will be. When they've been on stock settings, it felt like something was taken away from me. Having your iPhone jailbroken gives more freedom to do what ever you want with your phone.

5. aluren macrumors 65816

Same here. I will never upgrade unless the jailbreak is out. My iPhone stays at 4.1. Perhaps I will upgrade on a big update like iOS 5.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here.
    I'm never going back to stock firmware.

7. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I jailbroke. Then went back to stock. I enjoyed to fluid feeling of stock that jailbroken wouldn't give me no matter what I "didn't have installed" while jailbroken. I don't see myself doing it again unless I need to tether which I shouldn't need to.

8. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

I just upgraded to 4.2.1 this morning, and have spent the last 3 hours trying to JB, and restore all my JB settings. I don't think I completely understood what tethered JB meant till now.

I honestly wished I had just stayed at 4.1, and waited till a rainy, miserable day to do this. What a pain in the ass.

live n learn ....

9. jthomp macrumors regular

I usually feel the same way after everytime I try to convince myself that i don't need the jailbreak...

This is why I am not going anywhere.... Tethered Jailbreak? bah, humbug!

10. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Jailbreak or Die for me

I don't notice any differ in perforance. Feels just as fast as stock.