Iphone 4 JB&Unlocked 4.0, xsellize installed lost service and carrier list gone, ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by teadigger, Jan 24, 2011.

1. teadigger, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011

teadigger macrumors member

Hi I have a iphone 4 16gb with 4.0 orginally on vodaphone so did JB and ultrasnow unlock tried several sim and all worked fantastic. Inserted my O2 sim after a chop from my current 3gs, only issue was no 3g so I download xsellize great, worked a treat asked if i wanted updated carrier settings clicked yes (was that the doh). Since No service when you chuck a sim in it says Restricted Network you go to carrier settings and it will either not find list or say the above. I have not had this problem any ideas. Mainly don't want to loose unlock as my O2 contact is up, so a swap may be coming. Do I need to start again and uninstall unlock and reset network settings has it got its self in a fix. Many thanks teadigger

Back again stituation is changed got back carrier settings but still no service and still goes through the restricted network. uninstalled xellize and ultrasnow, do I need to restore using iclarified ipsw 4.0 and start again or will itunes force 4.2 on me.

2. teadigger thread starter macrumors member

Things have moved on

Back again, stituation is changed got back carrier settings but still no service and still goes through the restricted network. uninstalled xellize and ultrasnow, do I need to restore using iclarified ipsw 4.0 and start again or will itunes force 4.2 on me.

3. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Do you have old saved SHSH files saved? If you, you can only restore to what able currently allows, which is 4.2.1. If yes, download and run Tinyumbrella to save your SHSH files. It should then tell you which firmware you can restore to. Afterward, run Tinyumbrella's TSS Server mode and restore from the firmware file you want through itunes.

4. teadigger thread starter macrumors member

No, am I in deep doo doo

Hi the phone 4 was a recent ebay purchase, and I was not unlocked on my 3gs. Are there any other roots to use before I have to go down the restore to 4.2 as I have no saved firmwares, sold the 3gs so am iphone less ahh! Someone must wizard must have a trick up there sleeves. just fired up the 4 and got network lost still then comes back with no service. cheers teadigger
    p.s I keep posting and researching so I dont make the wrong move, and regret it.

5. teadigger thread starter macrumors member

any ideas

HI have looked and looked and can see no way, other than a restore to 4.2 and loose the unlock. anyone with a idea, see above for details.