iPhone 4 limited speed on wifi-n, slower than wifi-g!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MrGillespie, Oct 27, 2010.

1. MrGillespie macrumors newbie

Hi,

Like another poster pointed out in another thread. It looks like the iPhone 4 is actually slower when using the n-draft for wifi connection than if you connect with wifi-g or even the older 3GS on g. I started a little survey on another forum and found out that the other members also had a speed of just 39 Mbit/s when connected with n. All iPhone 4 connecting with exactly 39 Mbit/s when using n and 54 Mbit/s when using g, makes it look like Apple has restricted the wifi speed when using n. Can anyone explain this to me please?

2. WalterinCA macrumors newbie

iphone4 is slower under wifi-n/g/b mode

My experience can confirm the findings below. I am using a iphone4 and I have a D-Link DIR-655 router with wifi n-draft, g/b. If I turn on the rounter with wifi n/g/b mode, I can not play an audo stream over internet continously on my iphone4 and it keeps on stopping and reloading. I have to change my rounter to g mode only (i.e., 54 Mbit/s), then it is fine. this means the iphone4 picks up the wifi n mode and runnig at a slower speed. It is disappointing that I can not use my wifi N at home due to the iphone4 problem.

By the way, can anyone tell me how to check the wifi speed on my iphone4 please?

3. Battlestar macrumors 6502

I am hoping that this issue is resolved with the iOS 4.2 release.