iPhone 4 Makes My Monitor Buzz Much Louder Than Previous iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Jul 7, 2010.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Most cell phones will make monitors buzz, but every once in a while when my iPhone 4 is on my desk (in the same place as the iPhone 3GS), my monitor buzzes much louder than any other iPhone ever made it do. It's a very audible buzz. Has anybody else noticed this? It concerns me a little that it's making my monitor buzz so loudly, possibly indicating the iPhone 4 should be used in a case and not have the antenna exposed.

The volume that previous iPhone's made my Samsung monitor buzz at never really bothered me, but the iPhone 4 is making it buzz pretty loudly. I knew this wouldn't do anything to my monitor in the past, but this is much louder, and it's concerning me a little.

2. JakeyBoy macrumors member

A phone making your monitor buzz? Im new to that? Sure your speakers just aren't up too high?

3. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Are you sure you're not talking about GSM buzz interfering with speakers that are near your monitor? I've never heard of a monitor buzzing.

4. MICHAELSD thread starter macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Oh wow, maybe it is my speakers. I don't mind that it buzzes, (I keep my iPhone 4 away from my desk except for syncing because of it) my monitor is just buzzing pretty loud when it was only slightly audible before. I only keep speakers on my desk for show, I use nice headphones and I don't even have my speakers plugged in. I usually forget they're there. Time to get rid of them. Thanks, guys.