iPhone 4 movie stop in NYC on our way home from Springfield, Ma

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jonjames, Jul 12, 2010.

1. jonjames macrumors regular

2. thomamon macrumors 65816

thomamon

3. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

damn, that looks like it was shot with a real camcorder (do people still call it that?)

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Nice! Sadly, I've never been anywhere east of Colorado. Hope to get there one day. Thanks for sharing, looks like was a professional video.

5. Gator24765 macrumors 6502a

Gator24765

looks good but not professional.. but i dont expect professional quality from an iphone 4.

That being said, this video looks great being shot and edited from such a small device. Makes them rides home from vacation a lot funner!

6. jonjames thread starter macrumors regular

I agree it did make the ride home alot funner I love how I can do just about everything on the fly. And the quality looks better than my 1080 hd jvc camcorder which makes things tough because of the file extention

7. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

That goes Double with a Triple twist for me, I wasn't really using mine for video, but now I may start, however how was the iMovie for iPhone software?

8. samcraig macrumors P6

Well done!

You seem to be enjoying your summer travels! How many clips did you shoot? How long did it take to edit? And how long to render? Curious...

I've used reel director and love it - might wait for the next update on iMovie before splurging

9. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

How touristy but nice video nonetheless.

Oh and New Yorkers will cringe when they see this video. You guys walk so SLOW through the city, pisses everyone off. Speed it up, we got places to go! :)

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Great stuff.

I can't wait for future iPhones to get enough space inside for a camera lens stabalizer. That's the ONE thing it's missing now. (Or at the very least, a good digital image stabalization. Something I suspect they'll need a faster processor for.)

The shakiness of these iPhone cameras is still somewhat distracting.

But after that I see no need for any consumer camcorders other than a smart phone!

11. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

how do you get that 1st intro map location screen?

12. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

That's one of the themes in iPhone-iMovie.

It uses the GPS to show where you are, but you can edit it manually if it finds the wrong place.

13. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Ha ha this is true. Once I was waiting for my train in the subway station and this woman who was in a big hurry screamed "excuse me!!!" to get out of her way. The problem was, I was standing in front of a support girder. I stepped aside and she immediately ran right into it. That made my day.

14. Espo macrumors 6502

LOL, agreed. I think it's cute when tourists take videos of the subways passing by..

Video looks great and it has just convinced me to get the 32GB iP4 because I don't see how I could shoot and edit all that video on a 16GB.

15. jonjames thread starter macrumors regular

All together i probably took 100 videos or more in NYC not sure of how many I actually used in the video. As for the editing process I spent maybe 2/2.5 hours getting it the way I wanted watching the clip over and over again as I edited to kinda keep up with the pace. Render time was approximately 4 mins.

16. jonjames thread starter macrumors regular

Not sure how long of a movie you plan to shot using the iPhone 4 but I was out of town for 8 days and shot 288 videos over 150 photos have 1001 songs and a bunch of apps along with 1 hd movie on my phone and space wise everything fit. Now I can transfer all the videos and photos to my laptop or desktop and start all over. I don't know maybe a 32gb will serve you better but the 16 gig worked well for me

17. jonjames thread starter macrumors regular

Start your project with a theme and add a video clip then double tap the clip to bring up some options, you add the theme to the clip from there. They have 3 to choose from opening/middle/ending

18. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

What a nice video !!
    I just came back last week from a trip to NY !! And I really enjoyed it!

19. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

yea I have made it that far but can't seem to find that location screen he used. maybe someone should do a tutorial!

20. jonjames thread starter macrumors regular

im the director of the film i thought my last comment was pretty self expanitory but here is a step by step

1) open imovie from you iphone
    2) press the + sign in the top righthand corner
    3) select a theme that will fit your needs
    4) tap the icon that looks like a square with a arrow in in pointed down
    5) select the clip that you want to use
    6) double tap the clip and the clip settings should come up.
    7) tap the title style and select a title style
    8) tap done

its that simple........if your looking for the exact same title style i used you must select the TRAVEL theme, and it is the OPENING title style within that theme.

hope that helped this time around

21. bholaladka macrumors regular

22. myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

23. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Really nice job! :)

I took the family to Lego Land California last weekend and made 3 5-minute videos. I love using the i4 for video and iMovie does a solid job of editing on the fly. I was very impressed with the entire product, including the battery life under demanding conditions.

Having 2 kids one of the biggest reasons I wanted the i4 was for the new camera and video capabilities and it has not disappointed. :)

Again, great job! Beautiful family. :)

24. jonjames thread starter macrumors regular

check out my other videos on my youtube page. especially the one titled
    Vacation 2010 (Shot & Edited ENTIRELY from the iPhone 4),
    i think thats my favorite

25. bigrash macrumors regular

Very nice video (this coming from someone who works in Times Square). Quality is excellent. can't believe that's all done on an iphone.