iPhone 4 "No Service"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by basketball762, Dec 21, 2011.

1. basketball762 macrumors regular

Hi guys! I have a little issue here. I got my iPhone converted from black to white from this one local company. I bought the parts off of Amazon and it had good reviews. I then took it to my local shop where they installed it for me. The only issue right now is that my phone says I have No Service. Once and a while it will go from No Service to Searching....Though it never finds a network to join. I am able to join my WI-FI fine but not 3G or even Edge. I tried going to Settings-->General--->Reset--->Reset Network Settings. I also tried taking out the sim card and putting it back in. Still nothing. What can I do to fix this issue? Thanks for any help!

2. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

If it happened right after you got it back from the shop, take it back and make them fix it.

3. basketball762 thread starter macrumors regular

I would like to do that but, the shop is about a half-hour away which I could go over there but, it would be great if I could fix it myself.

4. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

You'd need hardware skills, and going by the fact you had to get a shop to put new glass on for you, I'm assuming you don't have that. And the warranty's void now, so taking it to Apple is a no-go. Your only option is to get the shop to sort it out.

5. basketball762 thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, I am going in tomorrow to have them look at it. My question though is this fixable? I don't really want to spend $200 to replace my iPhone through Apple. Also, while I was driving my iPhone went from No Service to having some cell phone coverage with 3G. I was able to surf the web a little before it went back to No Service. Thanks again for the help.

6. iExpensive, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011

iExpensive macrumors 6502

iExpensive

100% fixable! Whoever installed your new casing probably forgot to attach the connectors to the iPhone's antennas.