iPhone 4 Now or IPad 2 or iPad 3 or iPhone 5 1/2 or Rumored iPhad 1 due 9/16/11

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GovtLawyer, Feb 21, 2011.

  1. GovtLawyer macrumors 6502

    Sep 6, 2008
    I'm really in a quandary. I know this is a good place to ask this question because I see so many similar threads.

    I have the 3Gs with AT&T. I could get the iPhone 4 now with Verizon or wait for the iPhone 5 which may be better under AT&T or else I could wait for the LTE which is rumored to be good for Verizon. On the other hand, the iPad 2 may have phone capabilities and I could use Skype, or I could wait for the iPad 3 which should be out after the iPad 2, but before the rumored iPhone 5 1/2.

    If I wait for the 5 1/2, which may end up being the 5Gs or just the 5s or perhaps just the 5G, it might not be as versatile as the rumored iPhad. The iPhad is as the name implies the iPad and iPhone in one unit which can fold up to the size of an iPhone, but which will be carried by all carriers. The rumored date is 9/16/11, unless the person who shared this with me got the dates mixed up, in which case it would be 9/11/16. In that case it wouldn't be worth waiting for, unless the trade in value for the iPhone 5 1/2 which I would get rather than waiting was fairly high. I'd hate to buy the iPad 3, only to have the iPhad come out 2 years later.

    So, that's my thinking on this. If I'm missing anything please let me know. There may be another model coming out which I don't know about which could affect my decision. Thanks.
  2. mytakeontech macrumors 6502a

    Jun 14, 2010
    I would say wait until iPhone 5,iPad 3, then by that time you will hear rumors about iPhone 6, iPad 4, then I would say again, since you would have waited that long, wait further few more months for iPhone 6, iPad 4, now just before the launch of iPhone 6, iPad 4, you will see rumors about iPhone 7, iPad 5, I would say why not wait for iPhone 7, iPad 5.....and so on...
  3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

    Sep 24, 2007
    Wow, really? Dude just buy what you want now and enjoy it. Wait, is this post a joke? It must be.
  4. topmounter macrumors 68020


    Jun 18, 2009
    FEMA Region VIII
    Since you have a working 3GS now, I'd just sit tight. It isn't a good time to sign a 2-year contract on an iP4.
  5. JPR macrumors newbie

    Jul 21, 2010
    Well, I got a verizon 1phone4 about a week or two ago and love love it. I had a 3g previously. and, i'm holding out for my first ipad, a 2... for a few weeks or a month or two. Then, I'll bite the ipad bullet. I've got an 867 MHz Power PC G4 desktop which I am hoping to replace some day. I just love these apple gadgets !!! But, none of them are forever. Sadly., there's always more to spend. It's kinda like golf clubs.
  6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5


    Nov 20, 2008
    Ventura County
    iPhone 5 1/2??
    iPhad?? 9/16/11??

    All we have now is the iPhone 4 and iPad 1, everything else is pure rumor. I would personally wait till April for iPad 2 if you are looking at getting an iPad. I would wait till June if you want an iPhone 5. You can't think about the following generation when the next one has not even been released.

    I have not even heard of an iPhad and I quickly googled it and there is no even a rumor there than I can find.
  7. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000


    Jun 20, 2010
    Twin Cities
  8. GovtLawyer thread starter macrumors 6502

    Sep 6, 2008

    Did someone REALLY Google my post and look for an "IPhad?"

Share This Page

8 February 21, 2011