iPhone 4 on 4.01 Jailbroken--is it worth the trouble to upgrade to 4.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by duff booze, Oct 29, 2010.

1. duff booze macrumors newbie

I am jailbroken and like 4.01 on my iPhone 4, but I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble to upgrade to 4.1 and re-jailbreak. Also, i heard that the 4.1 jailbreak has more steps to it and is more complicated (something to do with the baseband). So is 4.1 a lot better than 4.01 in terms of OS stability?

Just looking for some input--I don't want to make the jump if I'm going to experience some turbulence along the way.

2. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I'm on PC so I used Tiny Umbrella to upgrade to 4.1 and limera1n to jailbreak. Couldn't have been a smoother process this time around and I've been jailbreaking for a couple of years now (and 3 iPhone models).

If you don't care about your baseband being unlockable, you don't even have to do the Tiny Umbrella trick, but it's so simple why not. You'll be able to save your SHSH's at the same time.

So far I'm loving the HDR camera functionality, Game Center, etc. 4.1 is stable for me and I'm glad I made the move. 4.2 should be just as easy (we hope).

3. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

the ability to facetime between iphone and macs (also ipod to iphone) is also a nice 4.1 perk.

All in all I'm very happy with 4.1 and the jailbreak (using greenpois0n right now)

I upgraded using TU and preserved my baseband, it was very easy and now if I travel abroad I will be able to purchase a pay as you go SIM.