iPhone 4 or 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skoo9382, Nov 6, 2011.

1. skoo9382 macrumors newbie

So I've been with sprint for 3 years patiently waiting for the iPhone. For the past almost 2 years ive been on the "other" side (Android) and now the day has come when my phone died. Now here is the dilemma.....

Do I want to spend $199 for the 4S or pay $99 for the 4?

I don't care for Siri, and the higher/better camera. (the 4 has a decent not great camera) but I do like the faster processor speed.

Is the 4S worth it? Also who knows when the 5 will come out also.

2. roccobladr macrumors 6502

IMO, its worth the extra 99$ to have a better phone that will keep up with the times for the next 2 years

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I would go with the 4S since I like Siri, the better camera, and added capacity. It doesn't seem you care for either, so in that case, I'd just go with the iPhone 4. There's no noticeable speed differences at this point. It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that the iPhone 4 is a better buy, and it probably is for your needs.

4. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

For sure 4S. Heck even just for 16GB as 8 is going to be limiting.

Michael

5. futch macrumors 6502

futch

Disagree completely. For $99 you get a phone that is going to last longer than the 4. The A5 chip and better graphics power alone will make it last longer. And there is noticeable speed differences between the 2.

Video for proof.

The internet comparison at 1:41 is particularly noticeable and I can tell you first hand my 4S internet loads faster than my fiancé's 4.

6. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I'd go with the 4S. It's only a little more extra and you'll be up to date for another year or so. The camera is awesome, Siri is phenomenal, and the speed is definitely faster than the iPhone 4. I'd say that's worth the extra $100.

I wouldn't worry about when the 5 is coming out; there's always going to be something new around the corner. Don't let that influence your choice.

That's incorrect. I have noticed a definite speed increase with the new A5 chip, ESPECIALLY with syncing between my MacBook. I also held the phones side-by-side and compared the time it took for each to open the same application and the 4S beat the 4 every time

7. screce macrumors newbie

Yep, since the release of 4s,more and more people tend to the new phone but get rid of 4.. its high speed processor and siri on 4s provide us more fun and more stylish and awesome technology power, I love my 4s..

8. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Get the 4S. The 4 will only have 8GB of storage which is very limiting.

9. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Even ignoring Siri and the camera (and the faster processor), you'll likely fill 8GB extremely quickly. It's worth the extra $100 if only to get 16GB.

10. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Get the 4S 110%. For an extra 100$, you get an overall better phone. $100 extra is a small price to pay for something you will keep for up to or even more than 2 years.

11. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Exactly. I just don't think having 8GB of storage is a good idea

12. julianbdavis macrumors member

julianbdavis

If I already had an iPhone 4, I wouldn't get a 4S. But if I was looking to get my first iPhone, or upgrading from a 3G/3GS, I'd get the 4S. I think it's worth the extra price.

13. ewils19 macrumors 6502

I faced the same decision last month when the 4s came out-- I was upgrading from a 2 year old dumbphone.
    I decided to go with the 4S because
    a. Its only $50 more than a 16GB iPhone 4
    b. I need this phone to last for 2 years and the 4 will probably become dated more quickly than the 4S

14. Trouble1 macrumors member

It sounds like you want to save the $100 and have no need for the 4S features.
    Get the 4.
    Wait for the iPhone 5.

15. greganpace macrumors regular

I was going to post a thread about how the 4 seems kind of pointless. It seems like the 3GS is great because it is free, but the 4S is the next logical step above it. It doesn't make sense to go for the 4. You decide which is more valuable to you, the money, or the phone. The 3GS will do most of what the 4 will, so if you aren't worried about the features or the capabilities of the phone (A5 processor) go for the 3GS. But don't do that... get the 4S.