iPhone 4 or iPad in management and/or corporate business

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by namgyel, Aug 1, 2010.

1. namgyel macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I got an interesting topic in my school to write about. I have to compare and use either an iPad or iPhone 4 in management and/or corporation. So this is what I learned (the question I'm asking is in the bottom of the post ;) ).

http://www.uxmag.com/technology/ipad-vs-iphone-a-user-experience-study you can use the iPad as a better cashier than iPhone

http://appadvice.com/applists/show/ipad-apps-for-the-businessman - there are some great apps for using on an iPad (iPhone has them too I think)

http://thecomputerboss.com/2010/05/5-ways-to-use-the-ipad-for-business/ - also some ways that you can use the iPad for business...

Now the question I'm asking is do you know of any article, personal experience and/or forum talk that would give me information which one to choose if I was a business-man from a small Telecommunication, Dance or performance company? Or even better for a bigger corporation?

The things I would need have both (the calendar, email browser and internet browser, music player, movie player, connectivity (both can use wlan and 3G) - but I think here iPhone 4 wins).

I would use it in meetings (http://appadvice.com/app/354098826 -great app beside iCal), reading some books (getting information from literature), showing some videos that were made by myself, it would be nice to take videos, connect to email and internet, have as much an all in one device as possible, have personal information written in it, complete connectivity with windows, linux and mac systems (such as working on different floors in a company without any problems), price is bellow 650 EUR (or around it) - live in Europe, and a strong battery (at least for a few days of moderate work).

So any help would be much appreciated. Oh and one last question .... when does the iPhone fewer stop in Europe so I a person could normaly buy one?

Best regards,

Namgyel

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

This blog article from a few months ago gave some reasons that an iPad would be suitable or not suitable for a business.

3. namgyel thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!

Interesting reading - too bad it isn't rechecked now that iOS4 came out :).

4. tachnyrus macrumors newbie

The security leaves a lot to be desired though. If you carry around files in an app like Air Sharing, anyone who connects your phone to any copy of iTunes can download your files via File Sharing.

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

6. Gjeepguy macrumors regular

I am in architecture and i use my iphone on a daily basis for work. I also have an ipad an occasionally use it for work as well. I use my iphone much more than my ipad.

Both my ipad and iphone are connected to my work exchange account. This allows for me to constantly have my calendar and email synced.

I also use my iphone as a camera for onsite job visits. This allows for me not only to document construction progress, but also i can take photos to send to someone back in the office for conversation. I don't have an iPhone 4 yet but i am sure that face time would allow for these conversations to occur realtime so they could se exactly what I was looking at instead of just a snapshot.

In addition to my phone I also carry a laptop. This is required since i need access to a large library of offline files as well as AutoCAD which is not currently available on iOS or OSX.

If I had to choose only ONE device it would be an iphone over the ipad. An ipad along with a phone would be nice, but that is really 2 devices.

Hope this helps. Send me a pm if you want my personal info as a primary source or if you have any additional questions.

7. namgyel thread starter macrumors newbie

@tachnyrus: hmm I read in an article that for some its the right opposite.. can you explain a bit more please :)?

@Doctor Q: Thank you! Was searching for something like that :)!

@Gjeepguy: thank you for writing this! I'm sending you a pm now :) (ok can't seem to find the way to pm u - can u do it please :)?)!

8. Gjeepguy macrumors regular

Looks like you have pm's disabled. May need to check out you options in your profile.

9. namgyel thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm looked averywhere and tried a few options... also allowed to be sent emails :)... I will be gone for a week now so please don't get upset if I don't answer in a few days time ;)