iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S & Contracts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marty1990, Dec 27, 2011.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

I have an LG Optimus One, Android phone. I'm on pay as you go, but I top up £15 a month to get to use the internet. I get 100 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb of data. It cost me £180 for the handset. It's really buggy, and locks up all the time. It crashes and restarts, and due to this, I often lose texts. It's really put me off from getting another Android phone, so am thinking of taking the plunge and getting an iPhone.

I can't really afford over £20 a month, so I thought I wouldn't be able to get an iPhone for that much... but I've found a deal for the 8GB 4. £20 a month, 250 mins, 5000 texts and 1GB internet. Upfront cost of £130 for the handset. 24 month contract.

This is really tempting, since a budget Android phone would cost me about £120 or something, and then £15 a month.

SO! Would I regret getting the 4 when the 4S has just been released, and I'd have the 4 for two years?

What do you think?

2. yui4 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

The 4 is still an excellent phone & would be like night & day compared to your old 1.

I'd say go for it, definitely.

You say you'll have it for 2 years but who knows where you'll be in another year, you may be in a better position & could sell & upgrade but either way go for the 4 now. IMO

3. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there likely to be much speed difference between the 4 and the 4S? I mean, won't apps be developed over the next year so that they NEED the A5 chip to run properly?

I'm not too bothered about the camera or Siri... that seems a bit of a gimmick. It's the processor that seems to be the big difference.