iPhone 4 owners not eligible for Upgrade yet. What are you doing for the 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SethRogen, Oct 5, 2011.

1. SethRogen macrumors 6502

2. swy05 macrumors 6502

Umm. Absolutely nothing.

**** iPhone 4s. My iPhone 4 is perfectly fine.

What has apple done for the past 16 months? Absolutely jackshit.

Ios5? You mean all of those features that they took directly from Android, Rim, etc.? Nearly all of the ios5 features are taken directly from other companies or are existing features that have already been around for years. Wonder why Rim or Google hasn't sued them yet.

So after 16 months we get the iPhone 4s which is not even worthy to be called an incremental upgrade.

- 8 megapixel camera? Big deal. The keynote spent a significant amount of time on the camera as if it were a huge feature.
    - A5 chip? Something they took directly from the ipad2? Yeah that took 16 months to develop.
    - New antenna? This is a big enough joke and the fact that Apple spent such a significant amount talking about it is pathetic.
    - Siri? You mean the company that did all of the major work and that apple bought out acting as if though it was something they home grew?

iPhone 3G to 3GS was a decent upgrade. iPad 1 to iPad 2 was a decent upgrade.

iPhone 4 to 4s is just a pathetic joke. I can only imagine how embarrassing it must have been for the keynote speakers.

But once again, the apple sheep will eat it up and talk as if it's a revolutionary upgrade.

Absolutely pathetic.

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I would have skipped this upgrade for good, but my father has iphone 3G and it's dying.

However, I own iPhone 4 and I have absolutely no interest in iPhone 4S.

Waiting for Nexus prime or another iPhone.

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

However 3GS to 4S is a huge upgrade.

I'm convinced this is Apple's cycle so you'll have to live with it. Every 2 years you'll see a jaw breaking upgrade. I'm convinced that the 5 wil be a jaw dropper. This upgrade is a step towards the 5. Under the hood the 4S is a beast.

5. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Not going to reward Apple/ATT by throwing away money on this minor upgrade...

And certainly don't want to be without a full upgrade in Fall 2012 when a real upgraded iPhone 5/LTE is released.

Saving my money & my upgrade.

6. Uln4321 macrumors regular

Sold my iPhone 4 a few weeks ago. Getting at 4S at full price. :apple:

7. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

LOL... you do realise the 3G to 3GS was LESS of an upgrade then whats different from the 4 to the 4S, right?

8. swy05 macrumors 6502

Let's see now.

- iPhone 3G is ARM 11 running on 412 MHz, while 3GS is ARM Cortex A-8 running on 600 MHz.

- Camera of 3G is 2.0 megapixel only and fixed focus, while 3GS is 3.0 megapixel and auto focus with auto white balance as well as macro mode.

- 3G doesn’t have video recording and voice control features, while 3GS has 30fps VGA along with on-device editing capability and a voice control feature

- Graphic capability of 3G is Open GL ES 1.1 while 3GS is OpenGL ES 2.0.

- Wireless technology of 3G includes 3.6 Mbps HSDPA, WiFi and Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR, while 3GS includes 7.2 Mbps HSDPA, WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR. The download speed of 3GS is much faster, that is, almost double, that of 3G.

- oleophobic screen on iPhone 3GS.

A simple google search will yield results.

Thanks for playing, although you go home empty handed failing miserably.

9. PhoneI macrumors 65816

So the only thing that would have made this an awesome upgrade is a bigger screen? Just ridiculous. Its amazing you can even compare a blackberry to an iPhone. Been using iOS5 for months now and its pretty awesome.

10. brodas macrumors regular

I'm skipping this one or I might try the GSII and switch to Android 4 a little while

11. cashlion macrumors member

How is AT&T handling the eligibility this year? I bought my 4 last October, and, for some reason, I'm eligible for the discounted pricing. My boss bought hers on release day, and she's not. Any insights?

12. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I think that the 4S is a decent upgrade in my opinion...if this had come out in June, even if i didn't have a full discount, I probably would have bought the 4S. But after already waiting for basically 4 months, I'll just stick it out with my 4. It runs iOS5 perfectly, and I don't see myself using Siri while I'm still in college, although it is a sweet technology.

I also really want the iPad 3, so I thought i'd allocate money towards that, instead of an incremental upgrade for my phone.

13. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

An 800 MHz to 1 GHz dual-core upgrade is less then what you listed?

8-megapixel camera with much improved optics is less?

7x graphics capability is less?

Siri personal assistant is less then voice control?

Double the storage capacity?

Improved 2-antenna design with up to 14.4 mbps speeds and Bluetooth 4.0? (double that of the current 3G design)

Improved battery life?

You did good though, don't worry.

14. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

I'm going to ask them to move my upgrade, if they don't I'll try to find someone to pay like 550. If that doesn't work out then I will do nothing.

15. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

I have an upgrade in november so I will probably get one then. I love the spec bump and have a feeling iphone 5 is coming next juneish

16. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

I think yoyr carrier is responsible for your upgrade options not Apple

17. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

that feeling is probably gas...cause you probably won't see a new iPhone until October 2012

just threaten to go to Sprint and your carrier might buckle

18. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Gotta love forums. Ask a question of people that are upgrading and everyone that's not planning to upgrade responds with why they aren't upgrading.

Mine is set for 11/25. Gonna threaten AT&T a couple more times...debate actually following through with my threats....the probably end up waiting. :p

19. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

umad bro?

20. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I'm due for an upgrade on 12/3, funny how that's my ex-wife bday too. Anyhow, unless they bump me up I'll wait till then to upgrade.

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Planning on walking dogs, cut the neighbors grass, having a yard sale, do dishes at a local restaurant etc..

22. swy05 macrumors 6502

Oh Siri...you mean the company apple bought out and made it seem like the product was their own.

Oh improved battery life? You mean the 200 hrs of standby the 4s has vs the 300 hrs the 4 has. Or maybe you mean the 4s 9 hrs of wifi battery vs the original 4 10 hrs of battery.

Let's not forget the fact that these great improvements took 16 months.

Like I said, thx for playing.

----------

Mad at apple sheep. That's all.

Apple can give us a 3.2 inch screen next year and the masses will justify how great it is.

Fact of the matter is while other companies are absolutely packing in massive hardware and features, apple is giving us the absolute bare minimum because they know they can get away with it.

23. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

One of many reasons I'm not playing Apple's game any longer. I waisted the last 15 months waiting on this loser..

24. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Wow, really? You have nothing more important in life to worry about?

25. DePaulBlueDemon macrumors regular

DePaulBlueDemon

Not ready to sign a new contract to get this phone. Waiting it out.