iPhone 4 owners - Upgrade Poll?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GeekGuys, Sep 22, 2012.

?

for iPhone 4 owners... what will you do now?

1. Stay owning the iPhone 4. It does the job fine

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. Upgrade to iPhone 4S... it's cheaper and just as good

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Upgrade to iPhone 5. It is the bomb!

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  1. GeekGuys macrumors regular

So, Apple has shown that the vast majority of fanbois queuing up for the latest and greatest iPhone 5 were not 4 owners but 4S.
    So, being a 4 owner for over 2 years now, I promised myself an upgrade to iPhone 5 when it came out...

Now it is out there (only just of course!) I question why I would upgrade to iPhone 5 but might upgrade to iPhone 4S.
    Reasons against iPhone 5
    • Form factor (4" screen)
    • Paint flacking off sides
    • Easy to scratch back
    • New dock
    • Availability
    • iPhone 4 can do everything the iPhone 5 can do!!!!

So, please do the poll and let's see what the preference is?

2. fenskezen macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted

Got my 4 on Verizon's release date and so my upgrade date is Oct 7. Waiting patiently but afraid I will wait a while before the are available.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Rec'd mine yesterday. Huge jump from the iPhone 4 -- even if it LOOKS similar.

1. Massively faster in scrolling, page flipping, app launching.
    2. Extra line for apps reduces the number of pages needed.
    3. Extra space in app folders reduces the number of folders needed (I was able to consolidate a lot where one folder wasn't enough before).
    4. Lighter -- less presence in your pocket, but just enough heft for your hand.

4. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

I have a 4. The only reason I'm upgrading is because of LTE. The 5 isn't really that impressive. But for the LTE it's worth it.

5. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

I have a 4s but can't bring myself to upgrade again and spend so much $$$. For you 4 users I'm sure it'll be great, especially if you want to have full use of iOS 6.

6. ImanIphone macrumors newbie

Had the 4 and am blown away by the 5. The speed alone is unreal. Web pages are nearly instantaneous while surfing. My area is covered in 4g as well loving every minute of it. I'd make love to it if I could.

7. buryfan macrumors newbie

Still got a year left on my contract but really tempted to buy the 5 sim free

8. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I did upgrade from the 4. A few months ago, I did upgrade from the 4 to 4s, but it didn't seem enough of an upgrade to me to justify being back on contract, so I returned the 4s and went back to the 4. I am glad I returned the 4s. I am happy so far with the 5.

9. GeekGuys thread starter macrumors regular

All sounds good. However, LTE argument doesn't work in the UK as there is no LTE. When it does arrive (on EE only) it will be in about 1 small towns with a population of 7 covering about 100 sq yards!!!!! Basically, unless you live in a major city, and that city is London or Manchester you are stuck on 3G or worse.

For such a small country our coverage of broadband (wired or wireless) sucks.:rolleyes:

Looks similar so happy with that bit.
    I have a very minimalist home screen (I'm a bit anal about that kind of thing) so number of lines of icons etc again doesn't bother me. The extra screen is unlikely to add any value to my use of the phone.
    So, I am looking at speed and power.....I just don't think it will be worth it...
    Trouble with Apple though...I still WANT one ....
    :D