iPhone 4 problem: auto-shutdown, doesn't boot, can't restore (errors 9, 13 and 14)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThatsMeRight, Apr 8, 2012.

1. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Hello everybody,

Unfortunately, I've got a problem with my iPhone 4 and I just can't seem to find a fix for it.

Since this week, my iPhone started to freeze up and would automatically shutdown and boot. Afterwards, in the Diagnostics & Usage window there was this "panic.list". I googled it, and I figured out it is either an hardware or a software problem.

Today, my iPhone 4 started to shutdown even faster after booting up and than, suddenly, it started shutting down during booting up. So, than the decision was made: my iPhone must be restored. But that's impossible!

I've tried to restore multiple times with different cables and on different computers but every single one of them failed. All of them gave similar error messages: errors 9, 13 and 14.

I've tried to follow Apple's steps (click), but unfortunately they don't work.

I wonder if someone could help me - it really sucks not being able to use your pricey toy.

Thanks,
    ThatsMeRight

Extra information: I've owned an iPhone 4 since launch in 2010. In January the sleep button failed and it was sent out for repair. I got a brand new iPhone 4 in March. Now we are one month further and I'm experiencing these inexplicable errors.

All the information you can give me is helpful. Thank you.

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

3. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

The closest Apple Store (and the onliest Apple Store here in the Netherlands) is over 70 miles from here. Apple is, by the way, never willing to help customers after the standard 1-year of warranty has expired (at least not here - I've heard different stories in the USA).

All warranty in the Netherlands goes through the retailer (which in my case is T-Mobile) [which does offer two years of warranty].

I'm just hoping to fix this without being without an iPhone for over a month.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

70 miles away, WoW.

Apple will replace an iPhone out of warranty, for an out of warranty fee.

Look at using tiny umbrella and or recboot to see if this will break the cycle.

You may have no other choice than of sending off you iPhone I'm afraid.

5. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

I'm not sure if you're sarcastic, but I said over 70 miles - it's more (but I don't know it exactly, since we work with kilometers). For one liter of petrol you pay over $2.50, so that costs. And traffic is terrible in the Netherlands - depending on the traffic, it might take you hours before you have driven 70 miles.

It's not out of warranty. I'm not here arguing with strangers whether or not my phone is out of warranty. We've got two years of warranty through the retailer (and one year through the manufacturer). So Apple is not an option. Apple is never an option in Europe - worst consumer service possible.

I'm here to find a fix without sending my phone in for repair.

Break what cycle? It _needs_ to be restored.

But definitely not to Apple.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

No I'm not being sarcastic , only amazed that your nearest apple retail outlet is so far away.

My apologies if I've not helped and hope that after you do further research it will help your issue, and resolve it.

Im not here to argue either.

At least you do have two years retail warranty as a back drop if required.

If the software is badly corrupted then you may find it impossible to find a fix via programmes available to the layman.

Personally I've found apples customer service exemplary in the united kingdom.

Good luck and take care.