iphone 4 repair shop who does color conversion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jakesmac, Nov 18, 2011.

1. jakesmac macrumors newbie

i want to change my wifes iphone 4 to either pink or purple for a holiday gift. i was wondering if anybody has any recommendations where they got their iphones housing color swapped.

looking for somebody who is fast and reliable and who does a good job!

thank you!!

2. iPhone Warrior macrumors member

you can try this company. http://www.colorware.com
    I have not done this, nor anyone I know. You should google them to see how reliable they are.
    Also this will void your warranty, if any remaining. Plus I recall that Apple will not offer an out of warranty replacement, cracked screen, water damage, on a idevice that has been changed.
    Just want to give you all the facts.
    Good Luck

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I was playing around with their options last week when someone posted that link. Very cool, they give you the ability to customize back, bezel, home button, and even SIM tray all to different colors. I'd love to customize my iPhone this way but $250 plus loss of warranty :p not gonna happen.

OP, you might consider just getting your wife a new color back glass. They're pretty inexpensive, usually <$20 on eBay or Amazon, and of course easily reversed if you ever need to have the phone serviced.

4. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

The main thing about color conversions has already been said. You will lose your warranty. However, if it's an older iPhone 4 it may already be out of warranty and you won't have to worry about that.

I'm going to attach a couple pics so you can see the difference in the pink and purple. These are both phones I did at my shop. The purple is really cool but it's a mirror finish and extremely hard to get a good picture of. The biggest downfall of the purple is that there isn't a matching home button. I believe someone made a purple button sometime after these came out but the color was so different, it looked a little funny.

Attached Files:

5. rozo macrumors newbie

I had a broken speakerphone and got in touch with www.irepairandcolor.com to fix that, and then I noticed they did colors too. So i got a metallic blue from them, and they fixed my speakerphone problem too. They seem to do it all, plus I overnighted my phone to them on a tuesday, and they sent it back USPS priority and I had it that friday. Excellent deal IMO, I think I paid under 150 to fix the speakerphone and change my entire phone to the cool metallic blue color.

I think the guys name was john that I dealt with.

6. jakesmac thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks rozo! i spoke to jordan from irepair and color and he was very friendly and informative. i snet my phone out today! he said he will change the color on my wifes phone and ship it back the same day! awesome!!!!

def check out irepairandcolor if you want to get your color chnaged!:):):):D:D