iPhone 4 replacement through apple care

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonelover~, Feb 7, 2012.

1. iphonelover~ macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4 16GB Black GSM with camera issues (possibly related to the integrated image processor in the A4 chip) where it will not capture anything, capture weird gray images, or it will not do a full image capture. It has been confirmed as a hardware issue with restore not aiding the problem. :(

I know that apple no longer offers the iPhone 4 in an capacity above 8GB, but they will usually have replacements for discontinued products for a little while after the fact.

Does anyone know if Apple still has iPhone 4 16GB Black GSM's available, or if they have run out? If they have run out, would I receive an iPhone 4 8GB Black GSM? Help would be appreciated. :confused:

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

They have replacements for discontinued products for a long time after the fact, in my experience.

3. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Just take the phone in and see what they give you for a replacement. There's a 99.99% chance that you're going to get the same thing you left with, and if not, it'll probably be a 4S 16GB.

In the very rare cases where Apple doesn't have an identical replacement model for you, they will work with you and trade up, not down.

5. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

when you have applecare+ do you get the black box phones when they do a replacement? or do you get a brand spanking new phone out of the box?

6. HiddenPuppy macrumors 6502

HiddenPuppy

I just had my 4s replaced under Applecare+ and I got the black box phone, I did ask if it was a refurb and he said absolutely not, it has never been used or put in service. Not sure if he told me the truth or not, but it does seem new to me.

Have a good day,
    HiddenPuppy

7. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

Call Apple and ask. you won't find your answer on an internet forum.

8. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Why not call? In the time you took to post this you could have your answer and phone on it's way. ;)

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

AppleCare and AppleCare+ folks get the same replacements give to those with just the standard warranty.

If you end up with a remanufactured one, it comes with a brand-new exterior shell and a brand-new battery. You shouldn't be able to look at it and tell that some of the internal parts have been used before.

10. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I was told the same thing when I got mine replaced.

11. iphonelover~ thread starter macrumors newbie

Has anyone here had their iPhone 4 16GB/32GB replaced with an 8GB iPhone 4 or a 16GB/32GB iPhone 4S? :confused: