iPhone 4 replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xlost6, Jun 27, 2012.

1. xlost6 macrumors 6502

Hey, my iPhone 4 screen is cracked. I was in my room lifting dumbbells and my phone slipped out my hand and landed on one of my dumbbells to the point that the screen won't turn on and the bottom where the home button is located some glass came off. So the screen beneath the glass in exposed. And I can take the Home Button off if I wanted.

Will Apple replace it? I'm out of warranty. I don't have AppleCare+.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

They'll replace it for $149.99 + your iPhone.

3. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

4. xlost6 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the responses guys. I will take it into Apple tomorrow when I get off from work.

The screen is busted. And if I turn it on it just gives 3 or 4 lines going straight down the middle. I just can't believe how fragile the phone is. I caught it slipping out my hand a couple of times. But this time it just so happened to slip out of my hands and the front screen just smacked the end of the dumbbell and fcked up the whole front screen.

Pissed because this will be my second replacement.

What I was saying about the home screen was that. Its so loose that I can just take it off the iPhone itself.

I will do the $149 replacement because I'm not due for an upgrade until August 24th. And I do not feel comfortable switching the front screen out for a new one. Plus, I'm waiting to see if Apple releases the new iPhone this October.

I'm coming out my pocket for that new iPhone because I want to keep my Verizon unlimited data!

I just like the naked feeling of the iPhone 4. I guess I will invest into a case. More likely the Incipio cases.

5. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Not too many cases are going to protect the screen from a direct hit. Best leave on the table when excersizing. Or get a Velcro strap or something.