iPhone 4 reset help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tomucheffort, Aug 22, 2012.

1. tomucheffort macrumors newbie

hi
    just tried to erase everything on my iphone because it was full of crap and there was a random error code whenever i connected it to itunes so i restored it using my phone. but now its stuc on the looping circle. is there anyway to fix this. i cant get into dfu mode because my power button is broken and my device was jailbroken. any suggestions? would draining the battery help and then recharging it...

Thanks

2. diegoesk, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012

diegoesk macrumors regular

i had the same issue bro. lemme help you out.. First let me start by saying- if you have the newest JB from greenp0ison along with a broken power button; Whatever you do, DO NOT REBOOT YOUR PHONE. For some reason under this configuration, the phone gets stuck with the spinning wheel of death.

how do you power down with a broken power button? How do you get rid of this stupid spinning wheel? Easy, use the activator JB to power down. And to fix spinning wheel issue, you simply need to leave the phone on and it will die out (mines took about 7 hours).

After it dies out, simply plug the charger back in and it will reboot normally. Reinstall your JB and use THE activator app. I have my power button activated using the volume buttoms.

This is the only workaround. For some reason, this JB (5.1.1, 2.0.4 for mac) doesn't like reboots... Let me know if you need any more help.

Im waiting patiently for the 5 so I can get rid of this 4

3. tomucheffort thread starter macrumors newbie

nice one man worked like a charm. can wait for the iphone 5, its gonna be gooood

i dont suppose you know how to get rid of the itunes error code 0xE8000012.

4. diegoesk macrumors regular