iPhone 4 restarted on insertion of an FM Transmitter

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by raghav2511, Mar 28, 2011.

1. raghav2511 macrumors member

Hello,

I have been using an iPhone 4 for quite sometime now. I haven't had such a weird problem before though, yesterday, I inserted a FM Transmitter, just the normal way (a 3.5 mm pin into the iPhone's headphone socket) and the phone turned itself off.

After trying for several minutes to switch it on, it finally did. But later that day, it did the same thing. And I had to hold down the Home button with the power key for about 10 secs, after which it booted.

I've -

iPhone 4
    iOS 4.1
    Baseband 01.59.00 (If at all it matters)
    Jailbroken (Lime Rain)
    Unlocked (UltraSnow)

I did search around and also googled but couldn't find a reboot on insertion of 3.5 mm jack. That's why I decided to start a thread. Any ideas ?

Thanks for your time.

2. sbddude macrumors 6502a

I get a reboot once in a while. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the headphone jack. Has it happened more than once? Was it just a coincidence?

3. raghav2511 thread starter macrumors member

Actually, I have had the iPhone 4 since its launch, and it never behaved weirdly before. This time, it happened twice. As soon as a inserted the 3.5 MM jack of my FM Transmitter, the screen went blank. On Second thoughts, I think it was just the screen that went Blank, because when I called my phone, it was ringing, but my phone behaved as it were dead. So might be the display and sound went dead. its really confusing.

Thanks for your reply though.

4. raghav2511 thread starter macrumors member

Nothing substantial happened. After a few days it stopped doing that. I couldn't figure out what happened ? Just the phone screen went blank on insertion ?