iPhone 4 restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arien157, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Arien157 macrumors member

I'm not really sure where I should make this topic so I made it here. But I have a 32gig iPhone 4 which I recently jail broke with Redsnow 5.0.1 and my phone got laggy and I decided I didn't want to have it jail broken anymore. So I restored my iPhone last night around midnight and it's now 10am and it's still restoring. Is this normal? I'm afraid I might of messed up my phone with the jailbreak. My phone was almost full, it had around 6 or 7 gigs left. I just want confirmation whether or not this is normal... Thanks in advance.

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

You need to plug it into your computer and then restore. Restoring directly from the device causes issues.

3. Arien157 thread starter macrumors member

Well I think it's too late for that right? What should I do?

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

DFU Mode then hit restore in iTunes.

5. brianbelligeren macrumors newbie

Yeah, DFU mode will do it for you. There are plenty of tutorials online if you're not sure how to put your iPhone into DFU mode.

6. Arien157 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks man, I got the restore to stop and my phone went back to normal with the Jail break. But now my phone won't restore because the software on my computer isn't 5.0.1 it's still 5 while my phone is 5.0.1, and my computer is having problems downloading it. Ah well at least I can use my phone again. Thanks again.

7. kadentrom macrumors newbie

These can be found in some fish, oils, nuts, and food prepared with omega-3 fatty acids. It is important to know the difference between healthy fats, and detrimental fats and oils.