iPhone 4 running on iOS 6.1+ is horrible!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1080p, May 10, 2013.

1. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Kinda like when the iPhone 3G got iOS 4.0. I can't see how someone could use an iPhone 4 these days. I know several people who's iP4s are barely usable.

2. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Several of my friends have their iPhone 4 on iOS 6 and they are doing fine. I don't really think it's that bad as I've seen the performance with my own eyes.

3. JoeFkling macrumors regular

i love when people go over the top and say its unusable. We get that in the car world "it was undrivable until blah blah blah". Its ********. What you mean to say is that it is slower and requires more patience and you have to accept the limitations of the device. Its not unusable, its just not as usable as a newer device. Just gotta be patient there chicken little.

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Don't tell that guy who posted a manifesto and painstakingly explained why he went with the 4.

5. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

im switching to the 4 for just the summer from a 5. I'm in high school, so i don't have to worry about my 5 when I'm hanging with friends, etc and i miss the design. i will be running iOS 5.x.x jailbroken though.

6. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Unusable? Certainly not. But it's laggy, for sure. And lag is the number one complaint of an iPhone user going to a different platform, at least on these forums anyway, so it's fair to say that many users wouldn't be willing to put up with that same lag on an older iOS device.

8. AnorexicPig macrumors 6502

AnorexicPig

Well my two year old iPhone 4 is with mom,and it performs quite well. After using iPhone 5 and 4S, yes it seems a little stuttery, but unusable :eek:, no,not by a long shot !

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its slow at times but I wouldn't say unusable.
    I think the iphone 3G with 4.2.1 is way worst than the way the iphone 4 is on ios 6.

10. E2EK1EL macrumors 6502

False statement

I still have a 3GS running on iOS 6.1.3 and it's better then the 3G on 4.2.1. My IP4 on iOS 6.1.3 runs perfectly fine, not as smooth as the IP5 and there's nothing really to complain about. That's why certain features are strip for the older models, performance is high priority.

I hope you realize the 3G is technically the iPhone 1 Gen w/ a 3G Radio and A-GPS.

Both had the same:
    CPU 412 MHz ARM 11 GPU PowerVR MBX

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=1827&idPhone2=2424

11. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

I'm still on my 4 and at least compared to iOS 5 the update to 6 made it actually faster. If you're jailbroken and running an awful lot of extra tweaks, especially things like Winterboard themes or extensions, then the performance does indeed suck. But if you don't, it's perfectly capable of iOS 6.

It's a bit like Mac OS 10.8 is basically a polished up version of 10.7. 10.8 is quicker a well.