iphone 4 safari app closes after jailbreak download finishes

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hasnombpyet.., Aug 3, 2010.

1. hasnombpyet.. macrumors newbie

just as the title says it never installs the jailbreak or cydia plz help

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Clear cache / cookies, restart.

3. hasnombpyet.. thread starter macrumors newbie

tried that i even tried quiting all mulitasks the clearing everything i did the airplane mode thing nothing seems to work :(

4. jarrodtb macrumors member

had the exact same issues too... ended up having to do a complete restore and set up as a new phone... then it JB'ed perfectly. it's a pain, but couldnt find any other way around it.

5. calvy macrumors 65816

well crap. I'm in the same boat. I was on 4.0 still, and jailbroken fine. But then I wanted to do the commcenter hack to enable tethering, and the deb file wanted 4.0.1 firmware, so I went to update to 4.0.1 and rejailbrake. itunes updated me to stock 4.0.1 no problem, but safari keeps crashing when I try to jailbreakme.com again. clearing cache/cookies didn't help. I'm trying to restore from backup to see if that helps before i set up as a new phone as suggested above.

6. doboy macrumors 68000

I had the same problem so went to the site again and I re-jailbroke without any problems. Didn't need to restore. Just try it again from safari.

7. jarrodtb macrumors member

Yea... I JB at 4.0 then upgraded just for the sake of upgrading to 4.0.1... that's how I got myself into that mess. Hopefully, whatever happened for the poster above will work for you as well. I was not so lucky. I must have tried the JB 75 times off and on throughout last night trying all sorts of combinations of resting cache, cookies, history, network settings, reboots, etc., before deciding today I just needed to suck it up and restore. Best of luck!

8. calvy macrumors 65816

well i tried it 10 or 15 times and got the same result every time. So i restored my iphone through iTunes and just let the phone sit there while iTunes asked me if I wanted to set up as a new phone or restore from backup. I didn't answer, and the phone activated itself. I unplugged and went to jailbreakme.com on mobile safari, successfully jailbroke, and now I'm restoring from a backup and will have to resync.