iPhone 4 sale question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cperchard, Jun 7, 2012.

?

What would make most money??

1. Sell as faulty

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Buy 'out of warranty replacement' then sell

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Repair then sell

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  4. Other?

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. cperchard macrumors 6502a

Hi, i currently own an iPhone 4 that i've had since it came out in June 10......but my sim tray will not open.

I've tried so many times and i've taken it to 2 different apple stores, both told me they would have to open the whole thing up to get my sim card out but i'd need to buy an 'out of warranty replacement'. (don't know why they cant just put it back together but they said they couldn't......meaning they probably WOULDN'T!)

Anyway, when the new iPhone comes out, i want to sell this one, but i dunno what would be better for me money wise, it's still in VERY good condition in every way, apary from getting this tray open.....so i could either:

(a) sell it as it is, as faulty (since sim tray doesn't open)

(b) pay for a warranty replacement, then sell that

(c) find a dodgy phone repair agent guy, pay him to fix it, then sell it.

(d) other??

What would you guys do??

2. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the liberal application of high explosives."

3. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

Beenblacklisted

4. cperchard thread starter macrumors 6502a

Won't sell yet cos still using it till the new ones out.....still confused as 2 votes each, lol

5. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Get my hands on the new iPhone then sell old one for as much as I could get. Wouldn't spend any $$ on it at this point since it will be two generations behind the curve.

Just curious, any idea what caused your SIM tray to freeze shut? Sounds really strange. Never heard of that one before.

6. cperchard thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope, no idea......I've never needed to open it before but a few months ago I was going to swap network providers, and got a sim only deal with someone else, but I instantly had to cancel it cos couldn't get the tray open......so annoying :(

7. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

I have a family member who's going out of the country for a while in Oct-Nov... it'd be great to buy them an iPhone 4 to use- even better if it's one with a built in SIM chip. :D

8. cperchard thread starter macrumors 6502a

well if the new one's out by then you can have it at reasonable price, lol......but bare in mind i am in UK and it's an Orange SIM card.....i'd also have to cancel it cos i want my number on my new phone.....so don't know if it's possible to reactivate a SIM card with a new number?

9. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Get the warranty, fix it, unlock, then sell once you get the new iPhone. You'll still make a profit. :)